SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Hybrid View

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have read that if you use the same word 5 or more times in the keywords area of your META tag that it's considered as spam by some of the search engines. This may be a stupid question, but would this be considered as spamming? raccoon hunting, coon hunting, fox hunting, bear hunting, cougar hunting, lynx hunting, rabbit hunting, squirrel hunting---- I think you get the idea.

I have a hunting page that covers all of the above areas and I feel that the above keywords best discribe the index page.

Any comments and help will be welcome.

houndman

********* Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Each word or phrase is seperated by commas. Therefor, each of those would be considered phrases. Since the phrase doesn't actually repeat, I don't think it would be considered spam-dexing. What you might consider doing is this:

<meta name="keywords" content="hunting,coon,racoon,squirrel,deer,etc.">

This way, your site should show up on a search for 'hunting' and a seperate search for 'coon'. It will also show up on a search for 'coon hunting' and 'hunting coon'. The way you had it before, it would only show up if I had typed 'coon hunting' in the exact same way you had in in the keywords.

Hope this has helped.

Mike

------------------
    Street Bikers United
    C&M Web Design

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I also have those words in there. I know that in that form they would not be considered as spam.

Here is the code that I'm thinking about using.

houndsmen.com, hounds, hunting, hunting with hounds, raccoon hunting, coon hunting, fox hunting, bear hunting, coyote hunting, hog hunting, cougar hunting, bobcat hunting, lynx hunting, squirrel hunting, rabbit hunting, walkers, black and tans, redbones, blueticks, redticks, curs, plotts, beagles, bassetts, coons, raccoons, foxes, coyotes, bears, rabbits, squirrels, hogs, cougars, lynx's, bobcats, deer, coon hounds, fox hounds, bear hounds, coyote hounds, hog hounds, cougar hounds, bobcat hounds, lynx hounds, squirrel hounds, rabbit hounds, message boards, chat rooms

********* Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't think that you'll get banned from any major search engines for those tactics. Nor, do I think they cross the boundries of SPAM-DEXING. Each time you use 'huniting', it's part of a different phrase. the keywords are sperated by commas. SPAM-DEXING occurs when you would use:

<meta name="keywords" content="hunting,hunting,hunting,do you get the picture?">

I hope this helps,
    Mike

------------------
    Street Bikers United
    C&M Web Design