SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Getmecontent.com?

Anyone has any experience with them? i signed up more then a week ago, and havent heard more then vague promises.

Should i just chargeback, and look on? Or do others have positive experiences wich can make me keep hoping?

SitePoint Guru bronze trophy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you google the company, you'll find reviews. I found a lengthy review of one person's experience, which I take for what it is -- one data point.

Word Painter silver trophy Shyflower's Avatar
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Far be it from me to "dis" another content service, but just reading their homepage should be a good clue as to their abilities and their understanding of putting good content on a page.
    -Text used as graphics is a big search engine no-no and totally unnecessary.
    -Their sentences run on with little structure or punctuation...
    -And what does having a state-of-the-art studio have to do with writing good content?

Their sample is some of the worst content writing I have ever seen.

Good luck with your chargeback. Next time don't just read the testimonials. Not one of them points to a client site or business. Ask for references and ask to read live work.

Like DCrux... I found one "pro" review of the site: http://www.myadsenseguide.com/outsou...entcom-review/

And here's what some other folks had to say about it: http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=384935
    Linda Jenkinson
    "Say what you mean. Mean what you say. But don't say it mean." ~Unknown

SitePoint Guru bronze trophy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A loose rule of thumb I've found holds up is the money you burn through in cheaping out is about three times what you spend hiring the right person at a fair price. Not a high price mind you, a fair price based on the job.

Looking back people will find they spend one third of the overall bill hiring right they end up paying trying to game the system by hiring cheap. They'll never admit this, of course.

Yet not one person posting about price here was concerned they were overpaying. And not one price posted was two or three or ten times over some easily located averages. Heck, not one was close to the average. They're not interested in averages, just bottom fishing.

Some people would rather entertain the notion they'll win the "labor lottery," using the same magical thinking of people buying lottery tickets. And, like lottery players, they have a reliable, irrefutable stream of long-shots to back up their world view.

Best thing you can do is point these people to the nearest lottery window.
    Last edited by DCrux; Sep 18, 2007 at 10:27.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    they have an impressive site. but the value of content that you get on a retainer. you could hire freelance or hire a full time person. But i don't have a personal experience to share. just my 2 cents
    Zug.com LinkBait Comedy Since 1995
    Viral Marketing SEO Agency/ SEO Copy Writers

SitePoint Wizard megamanXplosion's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Their sample is some of the worst content writing I have ever seen.
    I agree.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Its not about the price. its about how effective and good your content writer is . do you think that in 250 bucks a month they will provide a unique and effective content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Got ripped of with their service, their internal operations are an absolute joke, no communication and the quality is really bad. they will be gone in a few months I guarantee.

Stay well clear away mate.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If people have had bad experiences with them, any others you would recommend?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Irish.ness View Post
    If people have had bad experiences with them, any others you would recommend?
    I don't think people are going to give their writers details away for obvious reasons, Hire a few and keep the good ones, but test them with a sample first. Trial and error is the key

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zug Dot Com View Post
    they have an impressive site. but the value of content that you get on a retainer. you could hire freelance or hire a full time person. But i don't have a personal experience to share. just my 2 cents
    Seems a little bit strange, as usually a company is expected to deliver a more guaranteed service than a freelancer, as they sign a contract with you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From NEW owner of getmecontent.com

Hey guys, gals, I am the NEW owner of getmecontent.com I am not here to promote, but to clear up any misconceptions and rumors that persist about getmecontent.com I did purchase the site in late December with the intention of improving things. Before we bought the site, we knew of course that the quality was lacking and there had been problems with orders being filled, and that basically it was a mess. We have updated the site to reflect varying qualities of writing so that people know exactly what they are getting before they order. We have new samples on the site that reflect the three quality levels that are now an option. I personally donít want people expecting one thing and getting another when they order, and not coming back, or having a bad impression because they feel that have been misled. This is the reason for being very clear about the quality and delivery times as they are now in effect on the site. We have spelled it out very clearly on the site as to what to expect depending on what you order. As the new owner I just wanted to have some input here, and let people know that there is a new team behind the domain name. For those of you who may still be angry with previous ownership, I hope you can understand that the past has absolutely nothing to do with the current situation at our site. We are working with people on an individual basis as this is what it is going to take to rebuild the reputation of getmecontent. Greg T.

SitePoint Zealot phppoddotcom77's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for sharing. I will have a look.