0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Please review my site: TheNewsFeeds.comHi

Hello,

Please give me your opinion on the design of my new site:

http://www.thenewsfeeds.com

Here's a preview:

I checked and it does not validate as xhtml compliant because of the tooltip script I used.

Any recommendation, suggestion ..etc would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    TheNewsFeeds.com - Feed your RSS Needs
    IPThing.com - Make longggggg URLs short!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Design
    Love it. Very good color schemes, pleasant to the eye, easy to read, good adsense positioning as well. Navigation links are large, easily accessible, and still look good . I especially like the hover effects when going over a syndicated news title.

What can be worked on - XHTML coding consistency. There are many xhtml errors and all that, but I guess that can be worked on in time.

Coding
    As far as the script goes, I believe you could add more features to it, like allowing people to '****' articles or view comments of the articles. Right now I don't see a reason to visit the site if all it does is display syndicated articles. Perhaps adding some new feature would help
    WANT TO MAKE PASSIVE INCOME ONLINE? - Click HERE

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Love your site as well. Here's some stuff I like:

- on-hover description. This is much more useful than those plug-ins that make you wait for ages while they get a screen-shot of the page which is not much use anyway.

- You get related Flickr/Youtbe for each topic.

Stuff that needs improving:

- Sub-categories within each main category (e.g. Tech -> Web Design)

- A slightly bigger logo might help you with branding.

- Something to distinguish one portion of the page from another. Right now my eyes travel straight to the youtube thumbnails. The newsfeeds look simillar and unattractive. If you are allowed to replace the title of the feed with the actual site logo, that would be the best.

- Adding to the above, since the adsense is right next to the images, I doubt you're getting any significant clicks. Ad-sense works better mixed with text content.

You've got a great product. All the best for your site....
    Winners Respond. Losers React.
    Singapore Web Designer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's got a very nice, easy to navigate layout and the navigation is similarly straightforward.

Regarding SEO, here are some things to consider:

Have page specific title tags. You currently have the same thing across each page.
    Use header tags (h1, h2 etc). The headers could be "Youtube feed," "TechCrunch feed" etc.

The title attributes on individual headlines are very useful. Not sure if that's part of the script or your own coding, but it's a good job and nice for usability.

I'd post the AdSense after the site had some regular traffic (200+ visitors/day) to monetize, personally. It'll help you gain links too because people will trust you more.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe add a "search the web" box so that people can use the site as their homepage. Nothing big, maybe something small in the top right hand corner. You could implement this using googles free website script.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm using Firefox in Vista and the first time I opened your site the background where the ads are (right below the menu) was stretched some pixels to the left.

Besides that it looks neat.

Justone more comment. You can maybe add an about section explaining more on the site even though it is straight forward not all the people may catch up with the idea right away.
    Quasar - Web Development - Free Avatars

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you for the responses, I'll try to improve it based on suggestions and Post another revision for review

Thanks everyone for taking time to look.
    TheNewsFeeds.com - Feed your RSS Needs
    IPThing.com - Make longggggg URLs short!

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks good. The only thing I can see improving on at this point is doing something about all the white space... maybe some more colors or something to draw attention to the actual feeds?
    anyone seen my website link?

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    well done

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice, nice, nice.

Curious why no RSS link. The topic of your website would let me think I could subscribe to your page. I looked but did not find a RSS link.

Otherwise good work.

SitePoint Enthusiast josechukkiri's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A beatiful and useful site.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like the look of the site, you do have a lot of whitespace that's not being used, I might consider making room for columns to add more monetization possibilities without messing up the over all design. I'd like seeing Fox News on there too but that is just a personal opinion. Make it a bit more broad in coverage with the overall news side of things, that way you could get people from both sides of the political street. There are those that don't like Fox News because they are not Bush Haters and then there are those that won't listen to CNN or ABC News because they are to far to the left about things, having them all then your visitors can choose.

SitePoint Wizard
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I really liked it. Very clean looking, well laid-out and effective.

I don't really have any comments to say that haven't been said before. Good job.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The design is really cool but I am not seeing a lot of or even a moderate amount of content, just links. If this is intended because you are designing your site as more of a portal then thats cool. If on the other hand you want people to stay longer on your site. You may want to add some real content that would keep their interest.

Peace
    Swoop
    My eBay Store Script - Build your own eBay affiliate store.
    Download FREE Demo today.
    http://www.my-eStore.net

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very nicely done... I find your site very useful. The design is very clean and pleasant. Looks kind of like jimmyr's site...
    However, doesn't look like you have many pages there. I think you need more.
    Good job. Very nice site.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like the idea, however I think there are a few points where you can improve:

1. You need a better logo and catch phrase. You need to make your site more memorable and give it some identity, rather then have it perceived as just a bunch of links

2. You need a bit of variet... basically you are pulling out news from a bunch of sources and each source is sorted the same. Why not spread it out a bit, diversify, have one featured news item ( be the latest one off the rss press ), then have 10 links with teaser as the latest 10, then the rest of them categorized as they are currently... will give the site a feel of being a news page.