SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Linked CSS in IE Conditional Comments not applying

Hi all, I hope someone can help with this.

IE doesn't appear to be picking up any of the styles in the stylesheets inside the conditional comments BUT only in one environment. The code I have below works on our dev server which just has my HTML mockups, but doesn't on another server where the HTML is integrated into the dynamic production version.

I've checked various HTML and CSS and everything seems to be the same, has anyone ever come across this before? Could something unusual like a different HTTP Header value on the other server or something affect this?

Any help would be really appreciated, thanks.

Jamie

Code HTML4Strict:
    <link type="text/css" media="screen" rel="stylesheet" href="/css/_test3/www/bet/base.css" title="skybet" />

<!--[if IE]>
    <link type="text/css" media="screen" rel="stylesheet" href=/css/_test3/www/bet/ie.css" title="skybet" />
    <![endif]-->

<!--[if IE 7]>
    <link type="text/css" media="screen" rel="stylesheet" href=/css/_test3/www/bet/ie7.css" title="skybet" />
    <![endif]-->

<!--[if IE 6]>
    <link type="text/css" media="screen" rel="stylesheet" href=/css/_test3/www/bet/ie6.css" title="skybet" />
    <![endif]-->

<!-- I don't think the below are relevant, but have included them incase they maybe are? -->

<link rel="stylesheet" href="/css/_test3/www/portal_globalnav.css" type="text/css" title="skybet" media="screen,handheld"/>
    <link rel="alternate stylesheet" href="/css/_test3/www/contrast.css" type="text/css" title="contrast" media="screen"/>
    <link rel="stylesheet" href="/css/_test3/www/print.css" type="text/css" media="print"/>

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Found: The href is missing a " at the start, agh...

SitePoint Wizard bronze trophy Tyssen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Unless you're planning on switching stylesheets dynamically, you don't really need the title attribute on all your stylesheet links.

CSS & JS/DOM Adept bronze trophy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The contrast.css is set up as an alternate stylesheet, so it needs a title. However, I agree that it's odd to give a title to all other screen stylesheets when there are so many.
    We miss you, Dan Schulz.
    Learn CSS. | X/HTML Validator | CSS validator
    Dynamic Site Solutions
    Code for Firefox, Chrome, Safari, & Opera, then add fixes for IE, not vice versa.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks guys, we do switch between stylesheets: between the skybet set and the contrast stylesheet for screen.