SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Processor stage between cart and bank.

I have looked at a couple of books regarding php and MySQL but they avoid the stage for setting up the processor for the charge card account (merchant) with the words "this is not covered in this book" I do realise that there are probably many different ways of setting this up depending on the merchant service but surly there must be a general guide of sorts. Does anyone know of any book that covers this aspect of setting up a shopping cart?

Or if not where any information on putting this together can be found?

Thanks
    Mike

SitePoint Wizard silver trophy TheOriginalH's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Depending on the PSP (payment service provider) that you use the method will differ. Generally they will require certain variables be passed to them, and they will be specific to the provider, not generic. Your best bet would be to check out the website of the psp you use or want to use - they will/ should have technical spec for connecting. Usually the "order" and "contact" details will be passed to the psp server, and the actual sensitive stuff (cc details etc) will be captured securely on their server, removing that headache for you.

Having said that, I have recently seen a php book which focused specifically on shopping cart operations - I will see if I can find the title for you, although I haven't yet read it so cannot comment on content.
    ~The Artist Latterly Known as Crazy Hamster~
    922ee590a26bd62eb9b33cf2877a00df
    Currently delving into Django, GIT & CentOS

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The manual that comes from the PASSAT service (Here in Spain) outlines the variables and parameters that are needed, it even outline the process to an extent and offers up some sample C++ and ASP but it is complicated when you don't understand this aspect of communication , nor C++ or ASP. The server I use has offered to set this up for me at a cost but I would like to be able to understand and do this my self for the future and others but can't seem to find any book that outlines or shows the process and sample php or perl code for doing this, I don't know either of these languages well as I am learning but they both seem straight forward and most servers have php enabled. I do understand that there are many different ways of setting this up depending on the server but until I see some sample code and go through it I won't be able to get my head around this

I would like to know what the book is that you have when you get a chance.

Thanks
    Mike