User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Editing a css based template

Hi,

I am having trouble editing a css based template and I am pretty sure I am doing something wrong. I recently bought a css based template from a popular website.

My trouble is that when I choose to edit the index.html page the layout is all messed up. The stylesheet is attached ok and it displays perfectly fine in the browser however, it's only when I am in edit mode that it does not display correctly. This makes editing the index.html page difficult.

I am currently using dreamweaver MX to edit the page. Is this correct behaviour or do I need additional/better software to do the job?

If so, what do you suggest?

Thank you

Ricky

Is Still Alive silver trophybronze trophy RetroNetro's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello

DW's design view does not accurately depict the rendering of the layout as browsers do. Do not concern yourself with how it looks in design view and just make your changes then test in browsers.

There is no WYSIWYG software better than DW. (that I am aware of) The newest version is supposed to be better at rendering CSS based layouts in design view but I have not used it and I doubt it is going to be flawless either.