SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

this.cid_obj has no properties

I have just set up my brand new website. And i have notised there is a error on the site. Its a javascript error but i must admit i have no clue when it comes to Javascript so i was hoping someone maybe able to help me?

This is the error i have:

Error: this.cid_obj has no properties
    Source File: http://projectfootball.net/forum/jscripts/ips_menu.js
    Line: 1
    The website is: http://www.projectfootball.net

I will try and provide all the info i need to provide if needed but if anyone can help me get rid of this error then i will be most grateful.

Kind regards

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Please upload the uncompressed version of that piece of Javascript.
    Searching that one line to find your error is a bit of a pain

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    how do you mean? Upload the actual code on that page?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just opened the code in dreamweaver, and this is how its coded:

Code:
    ipsmenu=new ips_menu();function ips_menu(){this.menu_registered=new Array();this.menu_openfuncs=new Array();this.menu_over_css=new Array();this.menu_out_css=new Array();this.menu_open_event=new Array();this.dynamic_register=new Array();this.menu_cur_open=null;this.dynamic_html=null;}ips_menu.prototype.register=function(cid,callback,menu_over_css,menu_out_css,event_type){if(event_type){this.menu_open_event[cid]=(event_type=='onmouseover')?'onmouseover':'onclick';}this.menu_registered[cid]=new ips_menu_class(cid);if(callback){this.menu_openfuncs[cid]=callback;}if(menu_over_css&&menu_out_css){this.menu_over_css[cid]=menu_over_css;this.menu_out_css[cid]=menu_out_css;}return this.menu_registered[cid];};ips_menu.prototype.close=function(){if(this.menu_cur_open){this.menu_registered[this.menu_cur_open].close();}};function ips_menu_class(cid){this.cid=cid;this.initialized=false;this.init_control_object();this.init_menu();};ips_menu_class.prototype.init_control_object=function(){this.cid_obj=document.getElementById(this.cid);try{this.cid_obj.style.cursor="pointer";}catch(e){this.cid_obj.style.cursor="hand";}this.cid_obj.unselectable=true;if(ipsmenu.menu_open_event[this.cid]=='onmouseover'){this.cid_obj.onmouseover=ips_menu_events.prototype.event_onclick;}else{this.cid_obj.onclick=ips_menu_events.prototype.event_onclick;this.cid_obj.onmouseover=ips_menu_events.prototype.event_onmouseover;}this.cid_obj.onmouseout=ips_menu_events.prototype.event_onmouseout;};ips_menu_class.prototype.init_menu=function(){this.cid_menu_obj=document.getElementById(this.cid+'_menu');if(this.cid_menu_obj){if(this.initialized){return;}this.cid_menu_obj.style.display="none";this.cid_menu_obj.style.position="absolute";this.cid_menu_obj.style.left="0px";this.cid_menu_obj.style.top="0px";this.cid_menu_obj.onclick=ipsclass.cancel_bubble_low;this.cid_menu_obj.zIndex=50;this.initialized=true;}};ips_menu_class.prototype.open=function(obj){if(!this.cid_menu_obj){this.initialized=false;this.init_menu();}if(ipsmenu.menu_cur_open!=null){ipsmenu.menu_registered[ipsmenu.menu_cur_open].close();}if(ipsmenu.menu_cur_open==obj.id){return false;}ipsmenu.menu_cur_open=obj.id;var left_px=ipsclass.get_obj_leftpos(obj);var top_px=ipsclass.get_obj_toppos(obj)+obj.offsetHeight;var ifid=obj.id;try{if(is_safari&&!ipb_is_acp){top_px+=20;}}catch(error){if(is_safari){top_px+=20;}}this.cid_menu_obj.style.zIndex=-1;this.cid_menu_obj.style.display="";var width=parseInt(this.cid_menu_obj.style.width)?parseInt(this.cid_menu_obj.style.width):this.cid_menu_obj.offsetWidth;if((left_px+width)>=document.body.clientWidth){left_px=left_px+obj.offsetWidth-width;}if(is_moz){top_px-=1;}this.cid_menu_obj.style.left=left_px+"px";this.cid_menu_obj.style.top=top_px+"px";this.cid_menu_obj.style.zIndex=100;if(ipsmenu.menu_openfuncs[obj.id]){eval(ipsmenu.menu_openfuncs[obj.id]);}if(is_ie){try{if(!document.getElementById('if_'+obj.id)){var iframeobj=document.createElement('iframe');iframeobj.src='javascript:;';iframeobj.id='if_'+obj.id;document.getElementsByTagName('body').appendChild(iframeobj);}else{var iframeobj=document.getElementById('if_'+obj.id);}iframeobj.scrolling='no';iframeobj.frameborder='no';iframeobj.className='iframeshim';iframeobj.style.position='absolute';iframeobj.style.width=parseInt(this.cid_menu_obj.offsetWidth)+'px';iframeobj.style.height=parseInt(this.cid_menu_obj.offsetHeight)+'px';iframeobj.style.top=this.cid_menu_obj.style.top;iframeobj.style.left=this.cid_menu_obj.style.left;iframeobj.style.zIndex=99;iframeobj.style.display="block";}catch(error){}}if(is_safari){try{mlinks=this.cid_menu_obj.getElementsByTagName('a');for(var i=0;i<=mlinks.length;i++){if(mlinks[i]!=null&&mlinks[i].href!=null&&mlinks[i].href&&(mlinks[i].href.indexOf('#',0)!=(mlinks[i].href.length-1))){mlinks[i].onmousedown=ips_menu_events.prototype.event_safari_onclick_handler;mlinks[i].id='saf-link-'+this.cid+i;}}}catch(error){}}if(this.cid_obj.editor_id){this.cid_obj.state=true;IPS_editor[this.cid_obj.editor_id].set_menu_context(this.cid_obj,'mousedown');}return false;};ips_menu_class.prototype.close=function(){if(this.cid_menu_obj!=null){this.cid_menu_obj.style.display="none";}else if(ipsmenu.menu_cur_open!=null){ipsmenu.menu_registered[ipsmenu.menu_cur_open].cid_menu_obj.style.display='none';}ipsmenu.menu_cur_open=null;if(this.cid_obj){if(ipsmenu.menu_out_css[this.cid_obj.id]){this.cid_obj.className=ipsmenu.menu_out_css[this.cid_obj.id];}}if(is_ie){try{document.getElementById('if_'+this.cid).style.display="none";}catch(error){}}if(this.cid_obj.editor_id){this.cid_obj.state=false;IPS_editor[this.cid_obj.editor_id].set_menu_context(this.cid_obj,'mouseout');}};ips_menu_class.prototype.hover=function(e){if(ipsmenu.menu_cur_open!=null){if(ipsmenu.menu_registered[ipsmenu.menu_cur_open].cid!=this.id){this.open(e);}}};function ips_menu_events(){};ips_menu_events.prototype.event_safari_onclick_handler=function(){if(this.id){window.location=document.getElementById(this.id).href;}};ips_menu_events.prototype.event_onmouseover=function(e){e=ipsclass.cancel_bubble(e,true);ipsmenu.menu_registered[this.id].hover(this);if(ipsmenu.menu_over_css[this.id]){this.className=ipsmenu.menu_over_css[this.id];}};ips_menu_events.prototype.event_onmouseout=function(e){e=ipsclass.cancel_bubble(e,true);if(ipsmenu.menu_out_css[this.id]&&ipsmenu.menu_cur_open!=this.id){this.className=ipsmenu.menu_out_css[this.id];}};ips_menu_events.prototype.event_onclick=function(e){e=ipsclass.cancel_bubble(e,true);if(ipsmenu.menu_cur_open==null){if(ipsmenu.menu_over_css[this.id]){this.className=ipsmenu.menu_over_css[this.id];}ipsmenu.menu_registered[this.id].open(this);}else{if(ipsmenu.menu_cur_open==this.id){ipsmenu.menu_registered[this.id].close();if(ipsmenu.menu_out_css[this.id]){this.className=ipsmenu.menu_out_css[this.id];}}else{if(ipsmenu.menu_over_css[this.id]){this.className=ipsmenu.menu_over_css[this.id];}ipsmenu.menu_registered[this.id].open(this);};}};function menu_do_global_init(){document.onclick=menu_action_close;if(ipsmenu.dynamic_html!=null&&ipsmenu.dynamic_html!=''){}if(ipsmenu.dynamic_register.length){for(var i=0;i<ipsmenu.dynamic_register.length;i++){if(ipsmenu.dynamic_register[i]){ipsmenu.register(ipsmenu.dynamic_register[i]);}}}};function menu_action_close(e){try{if(e.button==2||e.button==3){return;}}catch(acold){};ipsmenu.close(e);};

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by avstu View Post
    I just opened the code in dreamweaver, and this is how its coded:

Code:
    ipsmenu=new ips_menu();function ips_menu(){this.menu_registered=new Array();this.menu_openfuncs=new Array();this.menu_over_css=new Array();this.menu_out_css=new Array();this.menu_open_event=new Array();this.dynamic_register=new Array();this.menu_cur_open=null;this.dynamic_html=null;}ips_menu.prototype.register=function(cid,callback,menu_over_css,menu_out_css,event_type){if(event_type){this.menu_open_event[cid]=(event_type=='onmouseover')?'onmouseover':'onclick';}this.menu_registered[cid]=new ips_menu_class(cid);if(callback){this.menu_openfuncs[cid]=callback;}if(menu_over_css&&menu_out_css){this.menu_over_css[cid]=menu_over_css;this.menu_out_css[cid]=menu_out_css;}return this.menu_registered[cid];};ips_menu.prototype.close=function(){if(this.menu_cur_open){this.menu_registered[this.menu_cur_open].close();}};function ips_menu_class(cid){this.cid=cid;this.initialized=false;this.init_control_object();this.init_menu();};ips_menu_class.prototype.init_control_object=function(){this.cid_obj=document.getElementById(this.cid);try{this.cid_obj.style.cursor="pointer";}catch(e){this.cid_obj.style.cursor="hand";}this.cid_obj.unselectable=true;if(ipsmenu.menu_open_event[this.cid]=='onmouseover'){this.cid_obj.onmouseover=ips_menu_events.prototype.event_onclick;}else{this.cid_obj.onclick=ips_menu_events.prototype.event_onclick;this.cid_obj.onmouseover=ips_menu_events.prototype.event_onmouseover;}this.cid_obj.onmouseout=ips_menu_events.prototype.event_onmouseout;};ips_menu_class.prototype.init_menu=function(){this.cid_menu_obj=document.getElementById(this.cid+'_menu');if(this.cid_menu_obj){if(this.initialized){return;}this.cid_menu_obj.style.display="none";this.cid_menu_obj.style.position="absolute";this.cid_menu_obj.style.left="0px";this.cid_menu_obj.style.top="0px";this.cid_menu_obj.onclick=ipsclass.cancel_bubble_low;this.cid_menu_obj.zIndex=50;this.initialized=true;}};ips_menu_class.prototype.open=function(obj){if(!this.cid_menu_obj){this.initialized=false;this.init_menu();}if(ipsmenu.menu_cur_open!=null){ipsmenu.menu_registered[ipsmenu.menu_cur_open].close();}if(ipsmenu.menu_cur_open==obj.id){return false;}ipsmenu.menu_cur_open=obj.id;var left_px=ipsclass.get_obj_leftpos(obj);var top_px=ipsclass.get_obj_toppos(obj)+obj.offsetHeight;var ifid=obj.id;try{if(is_safari&&!ipb_is_acp){top_px+=20;}}catch(error){if(is_safari){top_px+=20;}}this.cid_menu_obj.style.zIndex=-1;this.cid_menu_obj.style.display="";var width=parseInt(this.cid_menu_obj.style.width)?parseInt(this.cid_menu_obj.style.width):this.cid_menu_obj.offsetWidth;if((left_px+width)>=document.body.clientWidth){left_px=left_px+obj.offsetWidth-width;}if(is_moz){top_px-=1;}this.cid_menu_obj.style.left=left_px+"px";this.cid_menu_obj.style.top=top_px+"px";this.cid_menu_obj.style.zIndex=100;if(ipsmenu.menu_openfuncs[obj.id]){eval(ipsmenu.menu_openfuncs[obj.id]);}if(is_ie){try{if(!document.getElementById('if_'+obj.id)){var iframeobj=document.createElement('iframe');iframeobj.src='javascript:;';iframeobj.id='if_'+obj.id;document.getElementsByTagName('body').appendChild(iframeobj);}else{var iframeobj=document.getElementById('if_'+obj.id);}iframeobj.scrolling='no';iframeobj.frameborder='no';iframeobj.className='iframeshim';iframeobj.style.position='absolute';iframeobj.style.width=parseInt(this.cid_menu_obj.offsetWidth)+'px';iframeobj.style.height=parseInt(this.cid_menu_obj.offsetHeight)+'px';iframeobj.style.top=this.cid_menu_obj.style.top;iframeobj.style.left=this.cid_menu_obj.style.left;iframeobj.style.zIndex=99;iframeobj.style.display="block";}catch(error){}}if(is_safari){try{mlinks=this.cid_menu_obj.getElementsByTagName('a');for(var i=0;i<=mlinks.length;i++){if(mlinks[i]!=null&&mlinks[i].href!=null&&mlinks[i].href&&(mlinks[i].href.indexOf('#',0)!=(mlinks[i].href.length-1))){mlinks[i].onmousedown=ips_menu_events.prototype.event_safari_onclick_handler;mlinks[i].id='saf-link-'+this.cid+i;}}}catch(error){}}if(this.cid_obj.editor_id){this.cid_obj.state=true;IPS_editor[this.cid_obj.editor_id].set_menu_context(this.cid_obj,'mousedown');}return false;};ips_menu_class.prototype.close=function(){if(this.cid_menu_obj!=null){this.cid_menu_obj.style.display="none";}else if(ipsmenu.menu_cur_open!=null){ipsmenu.menu_registered[ipsmenu.menu_cur_open].cid_menu_obj.style.display='none';}ipsmenu.menu_cur_open=null;if(this.cid_obj){if(ipsmenu.menu_out_css[this.cid_obj.id]){this.cid_obj.className=ipsmenu.menu_out_css[this.cid_obj.id];}}if(is_ie){try{document.getElementById('if_'+this.cid).style.display="none";}catch(error){}}if(this.cid_obj.editor_id){this.cid_obj.state=false;IPS_editor[this.cid_obj.editor_id].set_menu_context(this.cid_obj,'mouseout');}};ips_menu_class.prototype.hover=function(e){if(ipsmenu.menu_cur_open!=null){if(ipsmenu.menu_registered[ipsmenu.menu_cur_open].cid!=this.id){this.open(e);}}};function ips_menu_events(){};ips_menu_events.prototype.event_safari_onclick_handler=function(){if(this.id){window.location=document.getElementById(this.id).href;}};ips_menu_events.prototype.event_onmouseover=function(e){e=ipsclass.cancel_bubble(e,true);ipsmenu.menu_registered[this.id].hover(this);if(ipsmenu.menu_over_css[this.id]){this.className=ipsmenu.menu_over_css[this.id];}};ips_menu_events.prototype.event_onmouseout=function(e){e=ipsclass.cancel_bubble(e,true);if(ipsmenu.menu_out_css[this.id]&&ipsmenu.menu_cur_open!=this.id){this.className=ipsmenu.menu_out_css[this.id];}};ips_menu_events.prototype.event_onclick=function(e){e=ipsclass.cancel_bubble(e,true);if(ipsmenu.menu_cur_open==null){if(ipsmenu.menu_over_css[this.id]){this.className=ipsmenu.menu_over_css[this.id];}ipsmenu.menu_registered[this.id].open(this);}else{if(ipsmenu.menu_cur_open==this.id){ipsmenu.menu_registered[this.id].close();if(ipsmenu.menu_out_css[this.id]){this.className=ipsmenu.menu_out_css[this.id];}}else{if(ipsmenu.menu_over_css[this.id]){this.className=ipsmenu.menu_over_css[this.id];}ipsmenu.menu_registered[this.id].open(this);};}};function menu_do_global_init(){document.onclick=menu_action_close;if(ipsmenu.dynamic_html!=null&&ipsmenu.dynamic_html!=''){}if(ipsmenu.dynamic_register.length){for(var i=0;i<ipsmenu.dynamic_register.length;i++){if(ipsmenu.dynamic_register[i]){ipsmenu.register(ipsmenu.dynamic_register[i]);}}}};function menu_action_close(e){try{if(e.button==2||e.button==3){return;}}catch(acold){};ipsmenu.close(e);};
    Yes, I understand, but once upon a time, this code had of course more whitespace and proper indentation. All of this is removed from this version in order to make the filesize smaller. See if you can get hold of the original uncompressed version

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lol quite easier said than done. Ill see what i can do. Is there nothing you can work out with what i have there?