Thread: IE problems

Hybrid View

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IE problems

I'm having a problem with this page : http://bsuh.demo.eibs.co.uk/home-test/. it looks pretty close to what I want it to look like in Firefox. However in IE it's peculiar - the blue background is not showing in the "rows" containing the curved boxes, so the curved boxes don't show up either, as the background is white instead. The left hand boxes also seem to be taller than the others and are obscuring the green border below. However, there doesn't actually seem to be a box there - or at least, there is, but it stretches right across the three curved boxes, so I'm puzzled as to why there is a clear "corner" on the bottom right of the leftmost boxes, headed "patients" and "news and media".

Any suggestions before I tear out all of my hair would be much appreciated.

SitePoint Wizard bronze trophy Centauri's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That site must be in the running to take out the award for the most concentration of unnecessary nested divs.......

Trying to sort out your problem is going to be like sorting through a table layout - extremely frustrating...

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tell me about it! As you can imagine, even using Firebug etc picking your way through all that is a monster, but I'm hoping for a flash of insight from somewhere..

I'm happy to say I'm not responsible for the ludicrous number of nested divs - sadly though I do have to try to reverse engineer this stuff and it's horrible.

In memoriam gold trophysilver trophybronze trophy Dan Schulz's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To help get started with the rewrite (when you get around to it that is), I see eight floated DIVs containing (mostly) headings and lists.

You might want to take a look at "Spruced up Site Maps" on A List Apart when you get around to recoding this page.