SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How do they acomplish this with css?

I am fairly new to css and have tackled this issue for sometime and cant seem to figure out if they do this by placing graphics in background or what? I have listed few sites here and what i mean is how do they have images as if they floating or overlapping into other elements of a page. Take a look.

First Site is http://www.e-knjige.net/
    Here the designer has nice book site, is it a large graphic in a background or chunks of them in different divs. How is he able to streach the book longer as the content grows longer?

Second Site http://www.darasgarden.com/
    This i what i want to learn how do I place designs outside or on and around the border like this site has, Is it background or positing of background in the container div or other divs so they align?

Hope somone can help with this as it seems to be a block I cant get past.

Follow Me On Twitter: @djg gold trophysilver trophybronze trophy Dan Grossman's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You know you can view their CSS code and see right?

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes but...

As I am new to css I cant seem to understand where to look for that information? maybe you can point me to right direction?

Follow Me On Twitter: @djg gold trophysilver trophybronze trophy Dan Grossman's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Right click on the webpage and go to 'View Source'. Find the line in the head that includes the CSS, and go to that URL to view it.