User Tag List

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IE6 issue - menu width

Hello all,

Im having a real mare with IE6 and a drop down menu.

2 things

1st - When the page loads the menu is at the top of the screen, and i have no idea why - it snaps into place when hovered over....

2nd - the hover state of each menu item makes it stretch the entire length of the bar - try it to see what i mean, how can i make it so the width is unchanged? thanks

site is here...

http://www.elimsalisbury.flintmedia.co.uk/

SitePoint Wizard bronze trophy Centauri's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The menu problem can be fixed by floating the <a> elements :
    Code:
    #nav a, #nav a:link, #nav a:visited, #nav a:hover{text-decoration:none; cursor:pointer; color:#CACACA; display: block; padding: 4px 10px 2px 10px; float: left;}
    General site centering and header alignment problems in IE6 can be addressed with these css changes:
    Code:
    body {background:#000000;color:#333;font:83%/1.5 arial,tahoma,verdana,sans-serif;}

#wrap {padding: 10px; min-width:770px; max-width:1200px; margin:0 auto; width:80%; background-color:#FFFFFF;}

#header {padding: 10px 0; background-color:#000000; height:60px; position: relative}

#header #site-name {padding:3px 0; top:20px; left: 40px; border:none; position:absolute;}

#search {color:#fff; font-weight:bold; position:absolute; top:20px; right:10px; width:18em}