User Tag List

Hybrid View

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Small help with IE problems

Hello all.

I am finally diving in and learning tabless layout. I am converting a Flash site and having some minor issues with IE.

Take a look at this page. The CSS file is here. Notice in IE there is some extra white border under the 3 links to the right of the logo. Also, I have some issues at the very bottom of the page. The bottoms don't line up.

Now, big surprise that everything works perfectly in FF.

Can anyone help me? Or maybe I am doing something completely wrong and I can be steered in the right direction.

Thanks!

The CSS Clinic is open silver trophybronze trophy
    Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Hi,

images are treated like text and placed on the baseline where room is left underneath for descenders. This causes Ie to increase the height of containers because it treats height as a minimum.

In most cases setting the image to display:block will cure the problem.

Code:
    img{display:block}
    If images need to be inline (e,g, 2 or 3 in a row) then you would either need to float them or in some cases adjust their vertical-alignment.

In most cases you want your images to be block and I usually always set them to this from the start and then address specific images if they need to be inline.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Awesome! That did the trick. Now I will do some additional reading to understand it.

Thanks!