SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Have you seen this?

I've been relatively sceptical about the 9/11 conspiracy theories...

but I went to this link anyway, and ... it's a very geeky presentation done by a architect... and I think some engineers, I forget...

(it's PowerPoint, so you have to click from page to page, which seemed rather clunky to me in the beginning)

but take a look:
    http://www.ae911truth.net/ppt/index.php

By the end of the material on building #7 I was genuinely surprised. By the time I watched the material on the severed columns... I wanted to put this link here so you could take a look.

SitePoint Addict silentcollision's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The 9-11 conspiracies have been absolutely demolished. They have no substance, and carry no weight in any reputable community.

I think these sites 1, 2 sum up my views. I've watched the video, and its just ridiculous. I mean seriously, the $20 note folded in a special way?

I think its a sad way to remember the lives of the people that died that day, and its sad that this even gets a mention on this website.

Edit: Second site contains language, forgot to mention.
    Last edited by silentcollision; Oct 28, 2007 at 01:14.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    lol

you clearly watched some other video... or was the folded twenty on yours?

Keep Moving Forward gold trophysilver trophybronze trophy
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is this even important anymore??

Conspiracy or no conspiracy, what's done is done, and thousands of young-people were already sent out to be killed (by both sides) for no good reason.

And even if it's proven that it was all a hoax all along, it doesn't matter now anyway because a very real war has already started and that war will fight to a finish regardless.

Trying to fill the unforgiving minute
    with sixty seconds' worth of distance run.

Update on Sitepoint's Migration to Discourse

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaun(OfTheDead) View Post
    Is this even important anymore??

Conspiracy or no conspiracy, what's done is done, and thousands of young-people were already sent out to be killed (by both sides) for no good reason.

And even if it's proven that it was all a hoax all along, it doesn't matter now anyway because a very real war has already started and that war will fight to a finish regardless.

Yes, I think it matters a lot that a fireman was on the 78th floor and said that it looked as if the fire could be "knocked down"... and then he was killed, but not by fire.

The people, the victims were pulverized.

It's worth watching the videos and reading some of the presentation. It's 300 pages of PowerPoint and videos. So going through all of it is a task.

The reason the task is worth the effort, is that the same people who coordinated the demolition of the buildings with the plane strikes, are now trying to get us into war with Iran...

Here's a link to the page where the fireman says the fire can be "knocked down"...
    http://www.ae911truth.net/ppt/ae911-249.php

SitePoint Addict silentcollision's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Consider-This View Post
    Yes, I think it matters a lot that a fireman was on the 78th floor and said that it looked as if the fire could be "knocked down"... and then he was killed, but not by fire.

The people, the victims were pulverized.

It's worth watching the videos and reading some of the presentation. It's 300 pages of PowerPoint and videos. So going through all of it is a task.

The reason the task is worth the effort, is that the same people who coordinated the demolition of the buildings with the plane strikes, are now trying to get us into war with Iran...

Here's a link to the page where the fireman says the fire can be "knocked down"...
    http://www.ae911truth.net/ppt/ae911-249.php
    These conspiracies are nothing more than a bunch of anarchical, societally inept morons who try to force others into a sense of ill founded skepticism because of their failed lives and pursuits. All they want is attention, and a belief that they are somehow superior and right and usually they can't get this through the conventional academic methods.

You can provide all the architects, engineers, folded currency, badly designed websites, and evidence in the world, but it is impossible to even consider that an entire administration, subsequent departments, and all those involved, could somehow illustrate the most daring plot of all time all for a war without one person even considering that it was wrong. You might think that an administration could be capable of this, perhaps I hold a slightly more realistic view of humanity.

And for what? There's no motive in sight (Don't even start on Oil). Almost every leader as a part of the coalition of the willing has, or will lose respect, credibility, and their job over involvement.

<snip>

I apologise to the moderators for this becoming political, but it was inevitable. I'm closing this thread, and not reading it because I'll just get more irritated.

Consider-This, you're wrong. They're wrong. Go watch Prison Break or something.
    Last edited by HAWK; Oct 29, 2007 at 21:11.

Galactic Overlord gold trophysilver trophybronze trophy
    Mentioned
    944 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Yup - stay off the political stuff, otherwise it's all good.

I find it interesting as well. I've never been a conspiracy theorist. I just find it impossible to believe that a secret this huge could be kept without a single person telling. Like the whole man on the moon thing. A secret that big would get leaked. It just would.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lightbulb

Would people believe a low level person?

How many high level people do we ordinary people talk to each day?

When I first looked at the presentation, my take on it was that it was very Geeky. I read 58 or so pages, and then posted asking if people had seen it.

Then someone read more and so I read the bit they mentioned.

But mostly very few people have read the presentation. They mostly all believe they know everything there is to know. And my guess is that's related to the theory early on that there were no planes... which is untenable. But it was proposed and it went so far as to have Popular Mechanics address it with the blessings of NIST...

Here's a link to an Amy Goodman interview with the Loose Change people (no planes) and Popular Mechanics...
    http://my.break.com/content/view.aspx?ContentID=271139

seems to me the no planes thing is totally untenable... yet it got lot of play... I can't help but wonder why....

Mentioned
    944 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Consider-This View Post
    Would people believe a low level person?
    Of course. People hear and believe things every day.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by HAWK View Post
    Of course. People hear and believe things every day.
    generally speaking...

but when it comes to confronting something that is held as a "TRUTH" -- then what makes a person "believable"?

Martin Sheen Questions Official 9/11 Story
    Oct 30, 2007

http://wichitatruth.com/2007/10/30/m...ial-911-story/

Mentioned
    944 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    You are right in that there will always be sceptics, but I don't think you can seriously say that no one would believe someone telling a secret this huge.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On each of the boards where I posted the architects and engineers PowerPoint presentation where were tens to hundreds who attacked me, and maybe one on each board who suggested that questioning was appropriate.

dooby dooby doo silver trophybronze trophy
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    I dont think people want to be drawn on conspiracy theories and choose to remember that day in their own way. Skeptics will condemn you, conspiracists will believe you and the rest should be left to make their own mind up.

Personally I believe that this was a tragic loss of life due to an act of terrorism and even having gone through 200+ pages of the presentation and read countless other 'What really happened that day' type of sites I still believe that.

Let us not forget that day but lets put an end to all this or is it going to go along the same lines as Princess Diana where it is a long drawn out process thats still ongoing because of all the theories about what happened THAT day?

Remember those who died and leave it at that.
    Mike Swiffin - Community Team Advisor
    Only a woman can read between the lines of a one word answer.....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by spikeZ View Post
    I dont think people want to be drawn on conspiracy theories and choose to remember that day in their own way. Skeptics will condemn you, conspiracists will believe you and the rest should be left to make their own mind up.

Personally I believe that this was a tragic loss of life due to an act of terrorism and even having gone through 200+ pages of the presentation and read countless other 'What really happened that day' type of sites I still believe that.

Let us not forget that day but lets put an end to all this or is it going to go along the same lines as Princess Diana where it is a long drawn out process thats still ongoing because of all the theories about what happened THAT day?

Remember those who died and leave it at that.

I'm impressed that you read 200 pages. I think that isn't quite to the bit about the fire, which the guys who are better at understanding things than me found compelling. I think the bit about the fire comes after the responst to the NIST and FEMA reports.

In terms of Princess Diana and this... as much as I liked her and think her death a tragedy, 9/11 is MUCH more serious.

To me, the part about the fireman on the 78th floor is striking. That man was killed, and not by the fire which he judged they could "knock down".

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well sad to say, spikeZ, but as tragic as events like those are, there's too much money to be made off of the TV specials, documentaries and websites.

That's why they just exhume the stories... over and over again... under the guise of being sensitive.

The most tasteful thing for us viewers to do is to sign off of them and let the lost souls get some rest.

Now, Consider-This, I'm not saying you don't question anything... As some people here might know, I question everything!!

But when the time for investigation and the time for skepticism are over... just let it rest.

Obsessing over page after page of pre-concluded conspiracy theory is suicidal.

Discerning minds as yours are better suited analysing what's current... what's now... and what can actually make a difference!!

Don't waste yourself on this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool

Well sad to say, spikeZ, but as tragic as events like those are, there's too much money to be made off of the TV specials, documentaries and websites.

That's why they just exhume the stories... over and over again... under the guise of being sensitive.

The most tasteful thing for us viewers to do is to sign off of them and let the lost souls get some rest.

Now, Consider-This, I'm not saying you don't question anything... As some people here might know, I question everything!!

But when the time for investigation and the time for skepticism are over... just let it rest.

Obsessing over page after page of pre-concluded conspiracy theory is suicidal.

Discerning minds as yours are better suited analysing what's current... what's now... and what can actually make a difference!!

Don't waste yourself on this.

Iran is current, and it follows precisely upon this atrocity that incited the war.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Consider-This
    Iran is current, and it follows precisely upon this atrocity that incited the war.
    Probably. But that doesn't mean that the tragedy was staged !!

Don't under-estimate just how much other countries dis-like the States. Just because you live there (and know how great it is) it's easy for you to think it's out of the question (that someone would want to attack the country).

You're seeing this story only from your point of view.

From other perspectives you guys are not as popular as you think.

Anyways, Consider-This, I'm through with this discussion. I've already made my points in my last two posts and right now I have more important things to attend to.

Have a good one, dread.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool

Probably. But that doesn't mean that the tragedy was staged !!

Don't under-estimate just how much other countries dis-like the States. Just because you live there (and know how great it is) it's easy for you to think it's out of the question (that someone would want to attack the country).

You're seeing this story only from your point of view.

From other perspectives you guys are not as popular as you think.

Anyways, Consider-This, I'm through with this discussion. I've already made my points in my last two posts and right now I have more important things to attend to.

Have a good one, dread.

Unclear about your point.

I would think a country that would kill its own in order to create consensus to attack other countries would be the least popular...