SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Thread: eADs price drop

e=2.718281828459045235360 HyperBaseball's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did anyone else who uses eADs get their email saying that clicks from most companies are getting dropped down to $.05? Personally, I'm pretty disappointed in this, because they've been pretty useful to me.

With this scenario, I'm thinking of switching to either WebsiteSponsors, AdClix, or Commission Junction. Does anyone have any opinions on which one of those I should turn to, or if there are any other CPC places?
    Thanks for your help.
    Last edited by HyperBaseball; Jul 19, 2001 at 20:27.
    Jason Unger is me.
    "Homer no function beer well without"
    http://www.jasonunger.com

Matt Mickiewicz
    SitePoint Community Guest
    Commission Junction has an excellent reputation. I don't know about the other too... ValueClick, Advertising.com and FlyCast also have CPC networks.

------------------
    Matt Mickiewicz - Co-Founder/Administrator
    http://www.SitePoint.com - Resources to Build and Grow Your Site!
    matt@sitepoint.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by Matt Mickiewicz
    Commission Junction has an excellent reputation. I don't know about the other too... ValueClick, Advertising.com and FlyCast also have CPC networks.

------------------
    Matt Mickiewicz - Co-Founder/Administrator
    http://www.SitePoint.com - Resources to Build and Grow Your Site!
    matt@sitepoint.com
    1. CJ does have an excellent reputation, but from what I've used them, they don't generate a lot of traffic. I think CPC or CPM ads are more beneficial.
    2. ValueClick is decent, but it doesn't pay as high as others.
    3. Avertising.com is quite good, but they don't carry over monthly earnings to the next month... (you lose all your earnings if you don't earn a certain amount)
    4. Flycast, or Engage hasn't impressed me at all. I recently signed up with them, but they haven't replied to my support questions, and their rates are unclear and probably low.

My recommendation?

For CPC, definitely WebSiteSponsors.com. I know they pay and they have one of the highest CPC-based ad networks out there, if not the highest at 17 cents/click. Compare that to eAd's 5 cents a click...

For CPM(mostly)/CPC, go with Burst! Media. Excellent rates and a smorgasboard of member features.

Hope I helped.

Idea Developer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I advertise with them for a while, and i never got the email - now i make 12 cents per click
    Professional PHP programing / Hosting
    aim: downtoi3iz icq: 74637813

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Actually earning DO carry over with advertising.com. I don't know who gave you the misinformation, but that is very wrong.

I like Advertising.com (previously teknosurf.com) quite a bit - they don't pay as much as Burst, but they are very friedly. I wasn't running any ads on my mailing list and the manager of the email dept. sent me an email asking how things were going. Since I have a fairly small list, this was a pleasent surprise. And when ever I have had problems (too often) I just email and they get it fixed quick.

Anyway, I agree with mjames -- Burst is your best bet for small sites. (just be sure to READ the entire contract. it has some nasty stuff in it.) I use burst as my primary advertiser and have anything they don't sell go to advertising.com. it works great and I maximize my profit.

Owen

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by Owen
    Actually earning DO carry over with advertising.com. I don't know who gave you the misinformation, but that is very wrong.

I like Advertising.com (previously teknosurf.com) quite a bit - they don't pay as much as Burst, but they are very friedly. I wasn't running any ads on my mailing list and the manager of the email dept. sent me an email asking how things were going. Since I have a fairly small list, this was a pleasent surprise. And when ever I have had problems (too often) I just email and they get it fixed quick.

Anyway, I agree with mjames -- Burst is your best bet for small sites. (just be sure to READ the entire contract. it has some nasty stuff in it.) I use burst as my primary advertiser and have anything they don't sell go to advertising.com. it works great and I maximize my profit.

Owen
    Thanks for pointing out my mistake. Apparently, advertising.com changed - or for some reason they didn't carry over my earnings when I used them. My appologies. Owen - please clarify what "nasty stuff" is in Burst's contract. Thanks.

Idea Developer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    so eads isnt gonna drop prices?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by necrominator
    so eads isnt gonna drop prices?
    No, they definitely did - just somehow you didn't receive the e-mail. It may be because you had the higher rate before (for members with a very high amount of click-thurs), which was like 20 cents or so, and it's been lowered to 12.

Idea Developer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    damit, guess im going to have to find another advertiser.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)