User Tag List

Hybrid View

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is proving frustating!

http://www.obsessedwithfilm.com

I know I've asked a lot of questions here lately, but this is the last honest!

Basically I have this looking just about spot on in all browsers that I have tested, except for one thing which is a problem in each.

The side content all screws up unless the left content is long enough. The homepage is correct, but on the navigation click toptens and you will see the problem. I guess I could just add a rule so that the height of the left is always 1500px or something, but I'd rather just have the right stuff always be on right floated.

Help!
    Last edited by hitmanuk2k; Sep 4, 2007 at 04:55.
    Follow me on Twitter, or find me on LinkedIn. Latest project: loanpayday.org.uk.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Make your code valid before you post about help and then we might be able to help.
    I am getting 29 errors on the w3c validator.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can't validate it with that because it just tries to read the obsessedwithfilm.com - Please read my full post. There are no errors in the code on the new design.
    Follow me on Twitter, or find me on LinkedIn. Latest project: loanpayday.org.uk.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anyone else able to help on this?

SitePoint Wizard bronze trophy DaveWoods's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not entirely sure what the problem is, when I visit the URL you've posted it reverts to obsessedwithfilm.com so not clear what you're asking us to look at?

SitePoint Wizard bronze trophy Centauri's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The problem here is floating each of the side bar items individually - the only reason they stay below each other on the home page is because 2 items won't fit. However, when the content is small, there is enough room for the items to float beside each other below the content. You would be better off enclosing all of the sidebar items within a div (maybe id="sidebar") and floating it to the right - all the side bar items will then not need to be floated.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am not sure I follow Centauri... The sidebar should look like it does on the homepage on all categories (including small ones like 'Action' or 'Toptens'), that is the correct look. If I don't float the individual items, won't the smaller boxes display under each other?

SitePoint Wizard bronze trophy Centauri's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The smaller boxes, where you want them side by side, would still be floated within a sidebar div, but the full width ones won't need to be.