SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Video creation + Windows XP Movie Maker

Looking for some help... I have a couple of movie files that I need to edit and then upload to a website in 10 MB file size or so.

I have windows XP and windows Movie Maker. I've been goofing around with it, and I've noticed that I can only save files as Windows Media Video/Audio file type.

Is there some way I can save these files as MPEG - or is there any need to do this? Will most users be able to view files of this Windows Video/Audio format?

What are the best programs out there for completing the tasks I mentioned? Any recommendations?

Thanks.

-Blair

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Please for the love of all that is MEdia related, never use Microsoft's programs to do any video capturing or editing. And you can't change whatever you create in Movie Maker into any other format unless you wanna lose quality as well as time.

Get yourself a nice video capture card (Dazzle, ATI All In Wonder, etc). They come with an easy to use captur program and minor editing software.

If you wanna do some major editing, then you need to pick up a video editing program like Ulead's Video Studio or Adobe Premiere.

A decent capture card is between $125 - $300. Its well worth the investment as well as the save on headaches.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great Information Site

Please go to http://www.vcdhelp.com for great instructions, as well as lists of good programs to do what you're needing, some even free!