User Tag List

Hybrid View

SitePoint Guru
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi --

I'm about to purchase the .net version of one of my .com's, at the very least to simply reserve it. Then I started thinking of other options...

If I'm going to purchase and have it parked anyway, why don't I actively use it for email. (since I was planning on using everyone.net's service to supply my visitors with the .com address email -- that way I can keep business separate from that.)

My question is: Do I have to sign up a new account with my current web host ($25/mo) to just activate the .net address and be able to just use it for email? Or is there an option that I'm not aware of (excluding any forwarding services since I want to be able to use Outlook to send out my .net email).

Thanks for any input.

--Joshua

Your Lord and Master, Foamy gold trophy Hierophant's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your host should be able to point the .net to your existing account and IP address for a much smaller fee. Mine charges $25 to set it up but there are no monthly fees involved.

------------------
    Wayne Luke - Sitepoint Forums Administrator
    Digital Magician Magazine - MetaQuark Creations (Coming Soon)
    wayne@sitepoint.com

SitePoint Guru
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Wayne --

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote/font><HR>Your host should be able to point the .net to your existing account and IP address ... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

With that said, do I register the .net through my host or any other registrar of my choosing? Also, just to double check, doing that will give me access to the .net through Outlook, for example?

Is there a standard term for this process that I should know when I inquire about it to my web host?!

Thanks,
    Joshua