SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

BBcode text editor [RESOLVED]

I found a form textarea editor using javascript here and would like to know how to make a few changes which would improve usabilty.

This has taken me over a week becuase I hadn't read the article properly to work out how this works but if still could do with improvement. Basically, you have to open the tag, type whatver and close the tag which isn't obvious to anyone.

At the moment is you want to style some text like in here, for example, if you wanted to highlight a word in bold, you would have to click on the bold icon to open the tag, type the word and then immediately after click on the bold icon again to close the tag.

I am trying to make it easy for novice users who are used to forums so they can just simply highlight the word they want to style and click the icon to open and close both tags at once, much like in this forum

I have included all 3 files so you can see how the BBcode editor works and if it's possible to make this change so instead of clicking the icon twice, you can highlight the word/s and click the icon once.

editor.txt is the JS file
    style.txt is the CSS
    form.txt is the HTML file
    Attached Files Attached Files

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fixed