SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

XML & PHP Parsing

Ok, so I followed the article here on sitepoint dealing with parsing XML in PHP.

I got everything working ok except for the changes that I want done and being new to php I can't seem to figure out how to make it work the way I want.

Basically, I want the script to read the file(which it does) except I only want it to read the first "link" in the rss feed.

Also, I want it to read multiple rss feeds yet still only retrieve the first "article" from the rss feed.

Basically what I'm trying to do is setup a Latest News box on my site, and I would like to have ~5 links in it reading from 5 different rss feeds.

If somebody could point me in a direction as to how I would go about doing all this, I would be more then grateful. I would prefer not the code itself, I'm looking for more of a tutorial on how to do it so that I can learn how to do instead of using copy and paste and not learning how to do it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would suggest you looking into SimpleXML / DOM functions instead of using an event-based API.

In that case XML manipulation will be much like reading data from an array.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alright, I had already been digging into the SimpleXML a little bit while posting this.

Any other ideas that come to mind?