User Tag List

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

miydai.com - Clans and Mods for games

Hello, please review http://www.miydai.com

Please leave something more substantial than a comment on the color. If you do want to say something about the colors, please also say something else in addition. Thanks!

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To me it seems like there is just TOO much going on in the homepage with the way it is constructed. I think you need to find a better way to seperate things and keep them more contained.

From my point of view, it doesnt seem/look like a trustworthy website from a first look.

Good luck with your site and hopefully I was some what helpful.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    dont like your menu(navigation), try to put horizontal navigation under your logo...

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Chris R, I don't get it...

Jay, could you tell me why?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It doesn't really contain any trust issues for me personally, but I agree with Chris that it definitely has too much going on.

Minimalism is the new black. Your site looks like its from the 90s. It would be a good exercise to get a couple of friends who are new to the site, and sit down with them and see how they navigate through the site. This will tell you what to put where and what to remove.

Sitepoint.com is also a good example. It has a lot going on, but still maintains a professional look.
    Winners Respond. Losers React.
    Singapore Web Designer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To me its too flat, meaning my eyes dont want to move around the page they just go straight to the middle and then I click back. You need a color scheme right now everything is baby blue and you have way too many links in the default blue. Also you sidebar needs to be controlled and organized with some boxes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by General_SUn View Post
    Chris R, I don't get it...

Jay, could you tell me why?
    because your website is very ugly...

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks, will putting it under the logo make it less ugly?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by General_SUn View Post
    Thanks, will putting it under the logo make it less ugly?
    sure, but horizontal menu... not drop down menu...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Would love some image in the header, the logo just doesn't do it for me (at least not alone). Agreed: too many things in the first page. And the right menu should be more visible ...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Some tips to make it more trustworthy and reduce clutter:

make myiday bigger than aar, and make secondary prize smaller than your aar text
    spell secondary prize with a Z
    get rid of the myidai is about... that looks like a tagcloud in the middle of the page, and the google ads too. they're really annoying and ugly.
    Bring the images above your Professor 420 stuff to break up the content a bit and make it easier on the eyes.
    Good luck!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And change your link hover styles so that the text doesn't jump all over the place as you mouseover/mouseout.
    Ian Anderson
    www.siteguru.co.uk

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks, the site has taken many of your suggestions to heart and have been changed. Please continue reviewing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi there,

Mast Head layout
    I think the site is coming along well, but you still have some work to do. For instance, the miydai logo/heading looks like it's just floating in the middle of the page. Perhaps you could align it to the far left and allign the margin of it to the white box below.

Branding/Identity
    The site does not say anything about what it is. If it's a game site, it looks to corporate, if it's a corporate site, there's too much community stuff going on.

So I gathered that it is a gaming community site, but at first glance it does not seem like it is. After looking at it again, I now see that it's a game site.

Images
    You need more images. You need to smack people in the face with the visuals of your game(s), those in your alliance, whatever!

What is your site about? - Need more information
    Going back into it, I still can't find out what miydai is. Even when I clicked on the about page which links to wiki. What I gathered is that it is an experiment which tries to put together a group of people who can create mods? (forgive me I'm just skimming through it).

You need more information about the site, the company/alliance/community/whatever and what it does.

Search field
    The search field center-aligned in the middle of the page looks lost and is given a lot of importance but is very ambiguous... Is it s site search? or a forum search? If it were more a directory or some specific interest type site, it would be straight forward, but since this is a community site, it's very ambiguous. Perhaps change the title to site search - but this is just me being very nitpicky.

Fragmented forum related info
    You have forum related information on two locations of the page. I recommend that you consolidate this information and put them in one location on the page.

I would also switch the forum stats and recent forum posts around so that the forum stats is to the right of the form posts instead of the other way around.

Conclusion
    Seems like you're heading in the right direction and you have a bunch of users already using the site which is always good. The biggest thing that I noticed here is the lack of identity. I still don't know what miydai is about and if people surf to your site, this information should be readily consumable to them.

HTH.

Regards,

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I see you're working on a new layout. Cool stuff. I love it. Let us know when you've completed it.
    Winners Respond. Losers React.
    Singapore Web Designer

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wouldn't know it had anything to do with gaming until i read the content... Images are a good thing, too much text can be dull - which is kind of the problem there.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh great, one guy tells me to remove the about and now people have no idea what it's about. But thank you everyone for you comments.