User Tag List

Thread: Newbie to PHP

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Newbie to PHP

Hi,

I am just starting to do my first php coding; and so far, the only way I have been able to accomplish anything is by just changing the code and refreshing the page being worked on. However, for designing a page from scratch, this is very problematic.

Anyone recommend any tricks or time savers when coding php? Are there any graphical programs out there that I can use?

Thanks,

Victor

Grumpy Minimalist
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Victor363 View Post
    the only way I have been able to accomplish anything is by just changing the code and refreshing the page being worked on. However, for designing a page from scratch, this is very problematic.
    How is it problematic? There may be a simple solution to any problems you are experiencing.

The nature of the web is stateless. Thus, your PHP code will be rerun every time the page is loaded. I believe that there are some tools which allow you to write PHP code graphically, but all you will be doing is masking the fact that your script starts from the top every time you view it. If you find this cycle problematic, you won't stand to gain anything from a graphical application -- you'll still be doing the exact same thing (code, run, refactor, run again).