SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A question for "script.aculo.us" animation library users?

Quote Originally Posted by my question on SitePoint Books forum
    Hi
    I am finishing up the animation chapter in Simply JavaScript. And I have come to the highlight example which uses both the "prototype library" and "script.aculo.us". More exactly it uses JavaScript externally linked with these two filenames 'src="prototype.js" ' and 'src="scriptaculous.js" '. Finding and downloading "prototype.js"was not a problem but when I used to zip file I found at "script.aculo.us" it unzipped but I could not find the"scriptaculous.js" file in the unzipped package. Can you please give me exacting information on just how I get this file.
    Sincerely
    Marc
    Hi
    on another thread on the SitePoint books forum I asked a question I quoted above and was not able to obtain a reply. So I am wondering if I was confused. In the zip file of the "script.aculo.us" animation library you do find a "prototype.js" file when you unzipped the package. I am wondering if that includes the animation library these days or do I still need to find a file marked "scriptaculous.js" to start writing programs which rely on the "script.aculo.us" animation library? If you can not answer this question exactly some words of encouragement on getting "script.aculo.us" animation library working would be appreciated.

Sincerely
    Marc

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Marc. I recently got involved with using these scripts as well. If you download the zip from their site you'll get everything you need to get started. Under the "src" folder in the zip you'll have the required scripts for all of the features and in the "lib" folder there's the prototype.js script. In your HTML you actually only need to call the scriptaculous.js and the prototype.js into play. Scriptaculous.js loads the needed effects for what you're doing.

The demos on their site have helped me get going with using these effects. A simple example is having an element such as a standard DIV and adding an event attribute like the following:

Code:
    <div id="mydiv" onClick"new Event.Fade(mydiv);"></div>
    Forgive me if I've provided any less than accurate information as I said - I just dove into scriptaculous myself. I hope this has helped!
    Last edited by erguitar; Aug 25, 2007 at 06:25. Reason: Link addition