SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Hybrid View

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Link to open Multiple URLS

Hey, i need to fine a way to open multiple urls with 1 link.

My javascript

function MM_jumpMenu(targ,selObj,restore){ //v3.0
    eval(targ+".location='"+selObj.options[selObj.selectedIndex].value+"'");
    if (restore) selObj.selectedIndex=0;
    }

My HTML

<select name="jumpMenu" id="jumpMenu" onChange="MM_jumpMenu('parent',this,0)">
    <option value="_Client_list.php?a=return">Select A Form</option>
    <option value="_Client_view.php?{$row.1editlink}">Regular View</option>
    <option value="_Client_view_demo.php?{$row.1editlink}">View 3</option>
    </select>

Basically i would like so that i can make it when someone click the dropdown menu and selects an option it can open multiple windows.

Why? Well b/c it's inputting data into forms and rather than clicking the drop down, selecting a form and printing and doing that 3 times for 3 different forms, i'd rather be able to click the drop down have it open 3 windows and just click file print real quick.

Thanks for all the help in advance.

~Joel

I meant that to happen silver trophybronze trophy Raffles's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Before you embark on trying to do this, do you realise how annoying this will be to the user? It'll be reminiscent of the days when you clicked something and you got 12 popups of garbage.

Also, popup blockers nowadays are sophisticated and will most likely block your popups, especially if more than one is appearing at once. This would give people the impression your application doesn't work properly, ultimately discrediting your site and even your company.

Can't you just put all the data on one page? Then you would only need to click File > Print once.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's for a backend system 2 users only, and I ended up just putting all the forms on one page and using a page break code so it prints in the format that i want.

The reason i needed it was so i could say option 1 pulls up form123,form184,form393 so i don't have to go searching for the forms in a lengthly drop down selecting one, going to page printing, going back, selecting 2nd form ..... i do it once and its always there.

Thread can be closed.