SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Afraid I can't do that Dave Hal9k's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Premium Godaddy Domain Advice

I'm thinking of buying a Premium Godaddy .com domain name, comprised of two pretty good keywords and have a few questions:

1. It's $550 / 272. This isn't really an appraisal, I'm just wondering generally if this a reasonable price.
    2. I can create unique content for it and aim to monetise it using Google ads, I don't mind working on it for a long time, but is it still realistic to break even and turn a profit nowadays?

I typed the domain name into the Overture keywords service and it found the following:

Searches done in January 2007
    Count Search Term
    259 -
    134 -
    109 -
    51 -
    49 -
    47 -
    46 -
    38 -
    35 -
    34 -
    30 -
    29 -
    26 -

Though the nature of the content is more diverse, so coupled with the domain I think that will bring more hits.

Anyway, it seems that this is slightly like asking how long is a piece of string, but I'm just looking for a devil's advocate. I'm a student, but have some wages and am just wondering whether developing this is a worthwhile investment.

Certified Ethical Hacker silver trophybronze trophy dklynn's Avatar
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Hal,

IMHO, only buy someone's domain name because it's a MUST HAVE for your business. The difference between $550 and the typical $8 registration fee is enough to keep me looking for a better name (without strings attached).

Regards,

DK
    David K. Lynn - Data Koncepts is a long-time WebHostingBuzz (US/UK)
    Client and (unpaid) WHB Ambassador
    mod_rewrite Tutorial Article (setup, config, test & write
    mod_rewrite regex w/sample code) and Code Generator

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Domains

Hi,
    I own about 2.000 doamins in every category I can think off,but I dont know anything about creation good site,if you are willing to do partnership,I will supply domain,hosting,traffic and my own tricks to get on top of the google page.You may contact me at sergey1313@gmail.com,or by phone:
    267 257 1336 Usa after 3pm ET.

Afraid I can't do that Dave Hal9k's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dklynn View Post
    Hal,

IMHO, only buy someone's domain name because it's a MUST HAVE for your business. The difference between $550 and the typical $8 registration fee is enough to keep me looking for a better name (without strings attached).

Regards,

DK
    Aha, I'm afraid I didn't think anyone was going to reply, so just went ahead and bought it. I did shop around for other domain names, but they were mostly owned by squatters etc.

I'll just have to see later on down the line if it works out; I'll have to shoot you a PM. Though I'm pleased with the domain: it's quite exclusive and I'll enjoy developing it at the very least.