User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by farhaj View Post
    Why don't you choose to go for Flash and logos rahther than fonts and colors

Because I have zero experience of flash

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not so sure how I feel about the purple. It's not so much that it's purple, but I feel that the purple combined with the white background the colors are screaming at me. The color scheme doesn't feel like it says "IT Consultancy" to me.

I feel that with all the information on the page it's much too busy. The left column, with all the courses in my mind is unnecesary. If i'm a first-time user of this site, this information means nothing to me yet. I understand that this is some sort of navigation of sorts, but It might help to move this information to a different page, and then break it up into bite size chunks. Perhaps a services or courses page, with sections for ITIL, ISO20000 and Prince2 would better serve the user. This will remove some confusion and free up some space on this page. On those pages you can go into detail a bit more about each course and then offer up the information somewhere else on the page.

The fonts bother me a bit as they all look the same. Nothing stands out. Without really paying close attention, I can't tell the difference between navigation, paragraph text and other elements. This isn't good because it means that the user isn't going to notice either. The use of the purple bars and breaking things off into different sections probably don't help this effect much. I would change the font-size and color of some of your headings and play with that so my eye is drawn to specific aspects of the site first.

It's kinda like this:

X X X X X X X X X X X X X
    X X X X X X X X X O O O O

I bet your eyes immediately gravitated to the "O"s. Use this principal to your advantage. You might want to try structuring your information so that most important stuff stands out, and try not to cram so much stuff on the front page that all looks the same. Try to put yourself in their shoes. If I were a first time user, that info on the left would mean nothing to me at the moment. Use the page to "feed" them the information they should know first. The typical web user can only handle so much information. If it's your client who wants all this on the front page, then you might need to go back and let them know that this probably won't be the most effective solution for them.