SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a website it is for my Church, it has been up and running a few months not getting the hits like I want. Could I have someone go to my site and take a look and let me know what I can do to help get more people to visit? I am posting some new items to the page just as soon as I get it FTPd. This is my first webpage, and new to HTML, and JAVA. I would like an honest and bone wrenching look. I will try and take it? Thanks allot waiting to hear from you.

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can you post the url please?

Peter

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    well umm your problem not geting traffic isnt your fault but im not trying to offend you but honestly no one wants to look for a local church or very few people search for church related stuff so it isnt your fault you just dont have the type of site every one wants to look for.

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    http://www.geocities.com/faith_fellowship/index.html

It's a nice church website. However, like most church websites, it would seem to be categorized as a home page. There isn't any real content, nothing I am actually interested in, unless I was looking into your beliefs, or wanting to visit your church. The only way I see for you to expand your traffic is to offer some kind of on-line ministry. Otherwise, your site will be static, and good only for those who want info specifically about you.

A simply solution:

<OL TYPE=1><LI> Add information about your church:
    A. A picture.
    B. How to get to it.
    C. What your beliefs are (I looked at your site and I still don't know what denomination you are)
    <LI> The prayer requests are a good idea.
    <LI> Add sermons (this is a popular thing amongst churches)
    <LI> Add announcements (This will add incentive for your own members to visit)
    </OL>

Hope that helped. can't think of anymore at the time.

Edit:

UBB code mistake

Richard

------------------
    richard@brevig.com

[This message has been edited by richjb (edited July 27, 2000).]

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry took so long to get back, url is http://www.geocities.com/faith_fellowship/index.html <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote/font><HR>Originally posted by Peter Hibbit:
    Can you post the url please?

Peter
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the look see, it has been helpful. I have been visiting other websites, along with what I get answered here. thanks again. <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote/font><HR>Originally posted by richjb:
    http://www.geocities.com/faith_fellowship/index.html

It's a nice church website. However, like most church websites, it would seem to be categorized as a home page. There isn't any real content, nothing I am actually interested in, unless I was looking into your beliefs, or wanting to visit your church. The only way I see for you to expand your traffic is to offer some kind of on-line ministry. Otherwise, your site will be static, and good only for those who want info specifically about you.

A simply solution:

<OL TYPE=1><LI> Add information about your church:
    A. A picture.
    B. How to get to it.
    C. What your beliefs are (I looked at your site and I still don't know what denomination you are)
    <LI> The prayer requests are a good idea.
    <LI> Add sermons (this is a popular thing amongst churches)
    <LI> Add announcements (This will add incentive for your own members to visit)
    </OL>

Hope that helped. can't think of anymore at the time.

Edit:

UBB code mistake

Richard

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It might be an idea to have a message board / forum so that members of your church can pass on information to each other. Should keep them coming back!

peter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Read this article, it should help a lot. http://www.searchz.com/Articles/0623003.shtml

Stephanie

------------------
    Courtesy of http://www.lingeriemonthly.com lingerie subscription service delivered to her door, gift wrapped and enclosed with a romantic note.