SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Hybrid View

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello, i'm going to be starting up a website promotion site and was wondering what you guys would like to see on it.

I currently have promotion tips, website submission to 60,000+ locations and a search engine analyzation program.

What else would you like to see?

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If by "website submission to 60,000+ locations" you mean all those FFA directories, I think that would be a mistake. I'm sure you've tried this yourself and must know that if you submit to 60,000 junk directories, you're going to get 100,000 or so pieces of junk email within 24 hours.

------------------
    "Whatever can be said can be said clearly." -- Ludwig Wittgenstein

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The website submission is to all of the major search engines and directories. It also submits to FFA link pages but i designed a anti-spam feature that uses my own address so users don't get spammed.

The only reson I offer FFA promotion is because it can get you some quick traffic but thats about it. My goal is to get people to submit to the search engines and directories instead. Everyone knows that being listed in the major search engines and directories is what gets you the most traffic.

I also offer tips on website promotion. You can check it out at http://www.route68.com/

SitePoint Wizard
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I still remember the day when I was an AOL user and I submitted to 1,500 FFA sites. I forgot to give a fake email :P

Use webmaster@localhost and it'll probably forward back to them.

p.s. Ever hear of a person who visits FFA sites?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sometimes I submit to them, but here's what I did... I got a Yahoo e-mail just for it... So all the junk and spam goes there and I don't have to worry about it or deal with it.

------------------
    Timothy

MSN: TimothyD2000