User Tag List

Thread: Zend Studio

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Zend Studio

I'm trying to edit my PHP project using Zend Studio. The project runs on a Linux server but I'd like to run Zend Studio within Windows.

However, the environment under Windows isn't the best place to run tests, open files, connect to the mysql server, etc. Is there a way to have ZS connect to the server, run the scripts there, and output debugging info back to my windows ZS install? Or do I have to set up a full environment in the local Windows machine?

. shoooo... silver trophy logic_earth's Avatar
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Use the external debugging settings Preferences> Debug > Debug Mode > Server

Also Windows is not as bad as you think it is Zend is making great strides with working on Windows they even partnered up with Microsoft to improve support though out.
    Logic without the fatal effects.
    All code snippets are licensed under WTFPL.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can either install Zend Platform on the server in question, this would allow you to debug the scripts directly from the server. Or you should install Zend Platform on your local computer, together with apache/php/mysql.

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by logic_earth View Post
    Use the external debugging settings Preferences> Debug > Debug Mode > Server

Also Windows is not as bad as you think it is Zend is making great strides with working on Windows they even partnered up with Microsoft to improve support though out.
    I know, but file paths wouldn't work and some other settings right?

The test server is on Linux, so I'm thinking if the modifications can go directly there, it would be best.

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRedDevil View Post
    You can either install Zend Platform on the server in question, this would allow you to debug the scripts directly from the server. Or you should install Zend Platform on your local computer, together with apache/php/mysql.
    Would installing Zend Optimzer on the server-end work? I know this is a stupid question. Just don't kow what's the advantage of the Zend Platform on the server I guess.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Skeptical View Post
    Would installing Zend Optimzer on the server-end work? I know this is a stupid question. Just don't kow what's the advantage of the Zend Platform on the server I guess.
    Without Zend Platform you will not be able to debug the script from Zend Studio.

Zend Platform is a advanced monitoring/cluster/caching solution, which cost a little. But if you have a Zend Studio license you can get ahold of a development license for Zend Platform for free.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRedDevil View Post
    Without Zend Platform you will not be able to debug the script from Zend Studio.

Zend Platform is a advanced monitoring/cluster/caching solution, which cost a little. But if you have a Zend Studio license you can get ahold of a development license for Zend Platform for free.
    How about Zend Studio Server? Where could I get that if I only want this and not the entire platform?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Then you need to install a old version of Zend Studio. Zend Studio Server has been replaced with Zend Platform.

I would recommend that you use the latest version with Zend Platform as it adds more functionality to Zend Studio, and of course you have the other features of Zend Platform that you can use.