SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Hybrid View

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just setup www.prepaidatt.com. We specialize in pre-paid nation wide digital cell phones.

I'm currently using Web Registration spider V.1.93B to submit my web site to 1500 search engines. Will this alone be good enough?

I'm thinking about using goto.com and pay for my ranking. Has anyone reading this got a good response from goto.com?

I look foreward to your replies! I thank you for your help...

-Nathan

------------------
    Cell phones without a credit check, contract, or required purchase limit. Now everyone can have a cell phone!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, I've heard GoTo.com provides excellent results. I'd give them a try. Also exchange links with other sites related to yours and promote it to people you know. Good luck!

------------------
    Marc James
    http://www.sports-central.org
    webmaster@sports-central.org

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote/font><HR>Originally posted by natronpc:
    I'm currently using Web Registration spider V.1.93B to submit my web site to 1500 search engines. Will this alone be good enough?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Don't!!! If you havn't used that, don't use it yet! I personally have not heard of that program (anyone else here who can testify?), however these programs that submit your site to a whole bunch of search engines are once are quite often very bogus. Larger engines like Google, Go.com, Yahoo!, AltaVista, Lycos, etc...need to be submitted to "manually"...as these will make up a large portion of your traffic if you're submission to them is accepted.

Many people speak well of GoTo.com, I can't recall any complaints off the top of my head. It's an effective form of buying traffic if you get the hang of it.

------------------
    Chris Bowyer - Programmer in Training
    MyCoding.com: Join our mailing list for launch notification!
    "I'm not an insomniac, I'm a web designer."

SitePoint Evangelist
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    register with 1500 engines huh ? Yep don't use it. It will probably include the major ones who will ignore you if you use this program.

Don't worry about the 1500 engines. Spend your time on learning how the BIG ones work and manually submitting to them. I have read that the big ones (say 15 of them tops) account for 95% of search engone traffic. Why bother with the 5% ??

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, submission programs acn be good. But they are only tools that can do the manual labor involved in search engine strategies (note. some programs canīt even get that right). However it doeas not matter how you submitt (at least if you are using good submission servies, I havenīt used this particular one), but what you submitt.

I agree with Cloughie, if you get into even just one or two big SE with a good and popular keyword that will get you more traffic than all the other, not-so-important SE all togehter.

------------------
    Jon Pall Hreinsson
    Msc International Business

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Double ditto to what everyone else has said. Those multi search engines submission services are a BIG WASTE.

Now, GoTo.com on the other is an excellent investment. I use it to promote one of my affiliate programs and make and extra $300/month just from a few .12 cent keywords. If you learn how to strategically pick your keywords you'll do great!

------------------
    OOOPS! All the Dumb Things Affiliates Do!
    AffiliateBlunders.com

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't become obssessed with search engine listing as your main marketing tool! This is only of worth if you have a Coca-Cola type marketing budget.

There are endless resources on the net which will enable you to promote your website in other ways, once you are willing to put in the hard work. For a start, treat your website as you would a new product. You wouldn't leave a new product gathering dust in a warehouse. You would promote it. Simply putting a site on the net and expecting to do business is like throwing a business card into the busiest street in the world and expecting to make money.

Start searching for these resources, subscribe to e-zines, participate in forums such as this.
    Happy hunting!

********* Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not to do any self-promotion, but I think that browsing our web site would help you out... Click on the "Promote" directory to sign up for several [free] services that will help you out a lot. And, yes the 1500 search engine submissions are a scam. They DO submit to some real search engines, but the majority of the "engines" are low-class link pages that nobody visits. Oh yeah, and GoTo.com is a good investment -- but sit down and take some time to work out the right keywords. Ideally, I would not spend over $0.50 on a bid. Good luck with your web marketing efforts!

Our site: http://www.web-master.tv

Sincerely,

David
    Web-Master.tv: The channel for webmasters. http://www.web-master.tv

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Search engines are ok; however, you need to write some good copy for your product and place an add in a high volume newsletter ( ezine ). They will click! They will come!

Bryan ( zenoptic )
    http://www.empowerment4u.f2s.com

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have found a service that will create up to 5,000 doorway pages and then submit them to the major search engines. The service is priced at $399.00, however, it is possible to
    attain this service for $39.00. If you are
    interested please email me for details.

------------------
    Sailboats and more...
    www.SailboatsHQ.com

info@sailboatshq.com