SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Evangelist
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Regarding PDO Exception Error?

Could anyone shed some light or point me in the right direction regarding the error below and why it might be occuring? The database connections i am using are correct and i do have permission to execute select statements but i am unsure why else this would occur?

Thanks

fatal error: Uncaught exception 'PDOException' with message 'SQLSTATE[42000]: Syntax error or access violation: 1142 SELECT command denied to user 'nelclc'@'10.1.22.3' for table 'news'' in /mounted-storage/home37c/sub003/sc30082-APQQ/neleedsclc.co.uk/news/library/Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php:153 Stack trace: #0 /mounted-storage/home37c/sub003/sc30082-APQQ/neleedsclc.co.uk/news/library/Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php(153): PDOStatement->execute(Array) #1 /mounted-storage/home37c/sub003/sc30082-APQQ/neleedsclc.co.uk/news/library/Zend/Db/Adapter/Pdo/Abstract.php(151): Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query(Object(Zend_Db_Select), Array) #2 /mounted-storage/home37c/sub003/sc30082-APQQ/neleedsclc.co.uk/news/library/Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php(303): Zend_Db_Adapter_Pdo_Abstract->query(Object(Zend_Db_Select), Array) #3 /mounted-storage/home37c/sub003/sc30082-APQQ/neleedsclc.co.uk/news/application/controllers/IndexController.php(43): Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->fetchAll(Object(Zend_Db_Select)) #4 /mounted-storage/home37c/sub003/sc30082-APQQ in /mounted-storage/home37c/sub003/sc30082-APQQ/neleedsclc.co.uk/news/library/Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php on line 153

SitePoint Evangelist
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This looks like a message on a shared host (judging from the path).

Have you created the database user 'nelclc'? As I recall, hosting control panels like Cpanel allow creation of DB users quite easily and usually grant priveleges for most actions on any databases you have created.
    Zealotry is contingent upon 100 posts and addiction 200?