SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Follow Me On Twitter: @djg gold trophysilver trophybronze trophy Dan Grossman's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

...about 5200 feet up, very close to where all grass ends and snow begins...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Grossman View Post
    ...about 5200 feet up, very close to where all grass ends and snow begins...
    Thats a really nice photo, where did you take it? Have you ever been to the top of that mountain? Whenever I see photos like that of a mountain, I always get that feeling I need to climb it!

Both of these photos where taken on Mount Taranaki in New Zealand

Travel Photos on Flickr - Twitter

“Never give up. Never surrender”

Follow Me On Twitter: @djg gold trophysilver trophybronze trophy Dan Grossman's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tijmen View Post
    Thats a really nice photo, where did you take it? Have you ever been to the top of that mountain? Whenever I see photos like that of a mountain, I always get that feeling I need to climb it!
    I took that on a trail near Paradise Point on Mount Rainier. It's an active volcano and the highest peak in the Cascade range in Washington state. I visited on a Saturday a few weeks ago, and it had that nice ring of clouds obscuring the peak all morning, which was gone in the afternoon. Getting to the peak is a relatively dangerous two day hike up the glaciers... I'm not in good enough shape, or willing to risk my life, to reach it

Actually, I started feeling sick when I hit the point the snow begins. Went from getting sunburnt in 80-something fahrenheit weather to simultaneously getting sunburnt and freezing, plus the thinner air... I turned around and stuck to the lower trails.

I love your waterfall shot. I didn't own a camera when I visited my first waterfall this year, so all I have of it are fuzzy cell phone camera shots

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great shots Dan and Tijmen!

When you're a lazy beginner as I am, you stick to town and take your average shots. Like this one:

It looks like their gardner has quit

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I like it WDG!
    Sara

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WebDesignGold View Post
    Great shots Dan and Tijmen!
    When you're a lazy beginner as I am, you stick to town and take your average shots. Like this one:
    You're a beginner? I'm envious of your shots. Now I feel pretty lame. I also usually stick to around town as I'm lazy.

This was a night-shot of a part of a tree right outside my house. It was pitch black outside and I disabled my flash. It took about 2 minutes for the shot to finish (and my battery was dying, so it didn't help). I touched it up in Photoshop by lightening it and adjusting the shadows and highlights manually. No other altering was made to this photo - the black and dots are the night sky and what I believe to be stars respectively.

This is the side of the front facade of the building that I work at. "Saratoga Springs Public Library". The vine growth wasn't originally purposeful, but allowing it to continue growing was.

After walking away from taking the shot above, I saw this path along the street I park along to someone's side door, I liked the contrast and balance of color. (It also leads from our yellow challenge to this one due to the flower, transitionary! )

I was walking around a local (short) mountain (that I cheated and drove up) and spotted this odd, *****ly looking plant. The larger of the spiny balls was probably only slightly smaller than about the size of a golf ball.
    They say, "Practice makes perfect," yet they also say, "Nobody's perfect". I don't get it.

I Love Licorice silver trophybronze trophy Datura's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First off, Tijmen yours I just love.

Here is a little bit of green from my small part of the world. A plain green garden hose.

The seed pods of a Royal Poinciana Tree. It blooms red all over.

And some green coco nuts, not quite ready to drop and kill somebody yet. People take them down early, they are dangerous.

Ulrike
    TUTs: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

I Love Licorice silver trophybronze trophy Datura's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A green orange after the rain

Ulrike
    TUTs: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

whagwan? silver trophybronze trophy akritic's Avatar
    Mentioned