User Tag List

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Creating some simple form buttons

Hi guys,

First of all, sorry if I'm going over old territory, I wasn't entirely sure what exactly to search for, but couldn't find anything that seemed directly specific to my needs.

I'm quite novice at javaScript but I have a good background in other similar languages, so I find I pick up things quick. Basically I'm planning on reading through some more solid resources on this topic, but I'm kinda under the pump at the moment for something that I imagine wouldn't be too difficult with a lil nudge in the right direction.

I have a form (using PHP) to update a mySQL database AND XML for flash, for a simple news page. At the moment I have the BBcode style of tags ([b][eb]). I was wondering how I can make a rich editor myself with just three buttons (one for italic, one for bold, one for links) that displays the text on screen to the user as WYSIWYG, and outputs the [b] [eb] tags for my PHP code.

I don't need anyone to build it for me, just a tutorial link would do nicely.

Thanks for the help guys!

SitePoint Guru Chroniclemaster1's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are your BBcode tags working when you handwrite them? What program are you designing your webpages in? If you're not using XHTML <tags>, it sounds like you must be in a content manager.
    Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it.
    Boldness has genius, power and magic in it. Begin it now.

Chroniclemaster1, Founder of Earth Chronicle
    A Growing History of our Planet, by our Planet, for our Planet.