SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[image] reload page function I am missing?

Working on a CMS, and the screen shot below shows the EDIT PICTURE page. After the customer selects a picture to edit, the page below results.

I included the other images (associated with that residentail record) so the customer can refer to them as needed. I also decided to let the customer change their mind and edit a different image -- hence the EDIT buttons.

The EDIT button passed the residential ID and the image ID to the same edit page -as you see it below. I expected it to relaod with the newly selected picture to show up at the top of the page. But the page does not update, it just stays the same. IS there a reload page function I am missing?

G. Armento - Design, Multimedia, Illustration, Photography
    -------------------------------------------------------
    www.communications-by-design.com

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Do you store the new picture the user uploaded under the same name as the old?

I assume that is the issue in this case, what happens is that the browser has cached the image and believes it has the latest version of it and does not download it again but instead shows the cahced image.

The easiest way to solve this is to make sure each image gets a unique id, no matter if its a new image uploaded in an edit or as a brand new image.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRedDevil View Post
    The easiest way to solve this is to make sure each image gets a unique id, no matter if its a new image uploaded in an edit or as a brand new image.
    Yep, all pictures have a unique ID.

I use the same EDIT page to edit all residential pics. The problem is the when the user decides to click EDIT on a different picture from the list at the bottom of the page.

I would have thought clicking on EDIT would reload the same page with the new pic at the top so that it could be edited; but the page remains the same.
    G. Armento - Design, Multimedia, Illustration, Photography
    -------------------------------------------------------
    www.communications-by-design.com

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The issue is most probably the link you have created for the edit link, or with your javascript code if you are using DOM to rebuild the page.