SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

PDF Generation and Google Maps

I have a HTML page that is dynamically built. Within the page is a Google Map. The page is called and processed to output as a PDF using a PDF generation class. My problem is that when the PDF completes it is missing the map.

My question is, how or what program (open source or not) can i use to get the map to show. Currently the PDF class im using is http://www.tufat.com/s_html2ps_html2pdf.htm. It is so far the best i have found. It will not capture Flash/AJAX Google, MapQuest, or Yahoo Maps. It will though capture the non-javascript version of Yahoo Maps. I have looked and cannot find an API for this older style map. If anyone has an idea, please send along. I have also tried these PDF programs, http://www.ros.co.nz/pdf/, http://www.fpdf.org/.

Alternatively, i would also like to know if there are any suggestions on PHP scripts/programs that will fill data into a MS Word doc, or generate a Word doc like a PDF. Similar to how Access can.

Thanks Much

Follow Me On Twitter: @djg gold trophysilver trophybronze trophy Dan Grossman's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't believe you're allowed to do this with Google even if you found a way. It wouldn't meet the terms of service. I haven't checked the MapQuest or Yahoo! terms to see what they let you do.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, what dan said. They are very anti that sort of thing.

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    exactly what part is a no no?

rajug.replace('Raju Gautam'); bronze trophy Raju Gautam's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you can get the map as an Image then only you can have it in your PDF as an embedded image. I don't think that any of the Map providers will give you such images of maps.

And if you have capable to have image that can be exported to the PDF with Dompdf or ezpdf classes/libraries i if you want to go.
    Mistakes are proof that you are trying.....
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    PSD to HTML - SlicingArt.com | Personal Blog | ZCE - PHP 5

Follow Me On Twitter: @djg gold trophysilver trophybronze trophy Dan Grossman's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cesarcesar View Post
    exactly what part is a no no?
    Pretty much anything other than displaying a Google map, hosted on Google's servers, through the Maps API JavaScript, on an HTML webpage which is open to the public. That's the gist of the first few paragraphs of the TOS.