Results 1 to 1 of 1
Thread: Advice on planned search facilty
Jul 29, 2007, 07:22 #1
- Join Date
- Jul 2007
- 0 Post(s)
- 0 Thread(s)
Advice on planned search facilty
I am planning to add a search facility on a property locator site that is planned to work as follows:
1) Seach Words + post code entered by user.
2) The main table is queried using a FULLTEXT Search (based on posted words)
3) Each record retrieved has the distance calculated.
4) The records are now sorted into Best Match + Closest Distance order
5) Results are paginated at 20 Records per page.
The problem that I can't get my head around is where to store that results data so that the user can go from page to page.
The site is not large at the moment but potentially could have thousands of results..
Any advice would me most appreciated..