SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

does sms system needs approval from national telecom authority

well
    i have seen many php sms script.... in our country there is only one main telecom authority who owns all the mobile service...

does those script need any authorization from telecom authority..may be any body who has used it...

do we need to get any thing from authority..or the script is self sufficent and is able to deliver sms to any part of world..

any information...

thanks

SitePoint Wizard bronze trophy devbanana's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How are you sending them? It really depends.

Many providers have an email address that can be used to send an SMS. for example I use Verizon, and the format is number@vtext.com. Unfortunately though there's no standard in this; i.e., the address that each carrier uses is different.
    Laudetur Iesus Christus!
    Christ's Little Flock
    Jesus is the Good Shepherd

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thanks for prompt reply
    do mean to say that if i use like xyz@xyz.com like system ..then we can use that...
    as far as i know at some point of time the message will go to the central server of the telecom and they(means machine) needs to forward it...

so cannot they deny that ..block that...

in my country www.wadja.com works fine...
    but i dont think wadja made made agreement with the telecom authority here...

and why do they put charater limit..is it to reduce the traffic..

thanks

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    does those script need any authorization from telecom authority.
    It depends on the country, usage & volume.

We had one customer that was pushing almost 100k messages per month to a small country called Martinique. In Martinique, the network Orange charges very high rates for the same service (because of its brand, monopoly etc) and they really didn't like the idea of someone delivering messages to (what totals up to) 1/5 of the country's population.

The result was that they blocked the UK Network Operator through whom our messages are routed...

In the US, you do need commercial programs to be certified by the networks. Many people who are using the network's smtp gateways will argue with me on this because they are doing fine (so far), but I've seen a singificant increase in new customers who said they were using smtp gateways and their services have been blocked my major networks.

Which country are we talking about? What's the service? What type of volumes?