SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Evangelist
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can you do this via Wordpress?/Wordpress queries

If you moderate comments is it possible to turn off moderating for certain users if you trust them enough?

Also, if you read my other topic I was gonna do an entertainment blog and try to earn money from it, but looking around blog advice type sites there is so much I dont know, I didnt even know what a blogroll was until today, so Ive decided to do a blog where I dont care whether it earns money or not on a subject I like to talk about a lot so I can learn for 6 months or so whats hot and whats not when it comes to what to use on the blog, which brings me onto my question (Rambling there a bit).

What should I add to the blog, like widgets etc to start with? Like when you start a new blog whats your checklist of features/add ons it must have and you must install? What are your must haves?

Thanks

Is Still Alive silver trophybronze trophy RetroNetro's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes by default I believe WP allows for comments from users who have left a previous comment to go public un-moderated.

Yes wait at least a month or 2 before you start including ads everywhere. You can't make money with no visitors.

I would however pick a topic that you are knowledgeable on, as well as having some interest in it, that way you can comfortably write articles on the subject without getting bored.

There are many lists I have seen that offer the must do's for a wordpress blog: http://www.search-this.com/2007/06/0...log-struggles/

There is one such article.

SitePoint Evangelist
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yep, its a blog on my favourite sport so I will have tons to write, the content will be NO problem, just getting people to it will be, but as I said this blog will be me learning about blogging and stuff rather then earning money or making it really popular, whatever happens from it will be a bonus.

Thnx for the article, am gonna read now.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Yeah, i do that with my comments as well.
    Sara