SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Any Ideas On How To Contact A Domain Registerant?

As titled? The info, specifically the email address is not current/incorrect as listed on WhoIs. For legal reasons, I need to make contact with the individual who has registered a specific domain. I have emailed the registrar and have yet to get a reply. Any ideas as to how I can make contact via email? I have sent a letter via snail mail, but no prizes for guessing that that wasn't answered either. So frustrating. I'd appreciate any and all assistance. Thanks!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you believe the WHOIS info is incomplete for a com/net/org then you can report it here: http://wdprs.internic.net/
    Are you sure it's invalid or maybe they are just ignoring you? Have you tried the phone number in the WHOIS? IANAL, but if its a legal matter you should try a registered letter with proof of delivery.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you El Camino for your helpful reply.

I have sent a letter by registered mail as you have suggested, but the letter was not accepted. I don't think they are ignoring me, per se, as the emails were undeliverable. Nonetheless, it's not sufficent to just take that tact on both out parts. However, I will keep plodding on. Unfortunately, the registerant is in her late teens and the email address was a hotmail account. I will have to take the matter to ICANN, so it would seem as they will deliberate in absentia as well as a body of summary jurisdiction as they are also grossly infringing on my registered trademark. Just a pity really. I will be sure to follow the other links you have suggested. Again, thank you. Please feel free to post if anything else comes to mind. I would appreciate that greatly.