User Tag List

Thread: Jabber Hell

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jabber Hell

Trying to connect to talk.google.com and I can't seem to get it going.

I am connected and communicating openly but the class that I am using doesn't seem to be working.

Anybody have a working example of PHP interfacing with GTalk?

TIA

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "Doesn't seem to be working"...any error messages? Sample code? Not enough info to assist.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's the problem, I am generally a DIY kind of guy. I generally don't want help from anyone, but, in this situation I am not getting any errors, everything seems to work fine, and it just doesn't work.

That's why I wasn't asking for someone to look at my code, I was asking if anybody had a running example that I could take a look at.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Any body using PHP for Jabber?

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The only thing I have on my mind with the scarce info you provided is - google talk REQUIRES clients to connect using SSL. Maybe your implementation of XMPP does not support SSL or is not configured to use SSL?

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Having worked on it for 3 days now, I finally got a message sent from PHP using Jabber/GTalk.

The only problem now is that I can connect, but as soon as the PHP page completes, it logs back off. I can sleep the PHP process or even put it in an infinite loop and it will stay open.

I ultimately need a livechat set up through GTalk. How is this normally structured? I will obviously be using AJAX, but is COMET usually used for getting return messages?

The most straight forward architect is to have a PHP page for logging in, sending messages, receiving messages, and logging out. But as I stated earlier, as soon as the login script is complete, it logs back out.

Any ideas?