User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

not bad!!!

only the guy on the right is missing something! make him move nicer!
    and add news scroller you just do nothing but there is something that would attract the visitors. and then after you learn all the ropes of website management you will be able to make up smth new. Nice guy, you are!

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok ill try.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    somewhat too raw

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok thats not too helpful, mind expanding that idea?

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by new webmaster View Post
    Ok thats not too helpful, mind expanding that idea?
    my recommend step:

1 use photoshop or fireworks design a picture that resemble what u think your website will be

2 slice the picture into many parts

3 use macromedia dreamweaver combine these parts, that's to say, change the picture in step 1 into a webpage

thus the site may be more delicate,

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    post some content which tells about your site.. make you home page clean and understandable right now its very confusing...... work on in little bit more ..... make your site different from others it just looks like all the site on the net

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    oh my.....
    Zip code Maps and tools - www.mapszipcode.com

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    oh my.....

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    instead of trying to make a site, here is my advice. learn CSS. doing a site in tables in simply insane. Once you know css and are confortable with layout you can start doing something creative. Do yourself and favor and don't use black backgrounds as it is not a very good choice.

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good effort

Being just 14 it's a good effort from your side. But that black background with blue font is irritating to the eyes. So change that. Also your side does not give clear idea about what it is. Learn from other gaming sites.
    Affordable Web Hosting - Only $3.95/mo.
    10,000 MB WebSpace, 100 GB Premium Bandwidth, Host 10 Domains
    Free Blog, POP3, PHP, SiteBuilder, Ecommerce, WebStats, FP Ext.
    Budget Reseller Hosting - Start Your Hosting Company - $25/mo.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice site, for the adsense, try removing your border. This will make it blend better. Should up your earnings.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

if someone can review my site please

Hi,
    I have a question regarding text link. I am not a SEO but i did lot of work on my site i was wonding if i can get some answer from here, how many text link i should add on each content article ? here is the website if some of can take a look at it and let me know http://www.diabeticcorner.com i also just started to use google blog http://www.diabeticcorner.blogspot.com but i havnt been getting crowled if someone can give me little advice what should i do it would be great what else i should be doing or what am i doing wrong here.
    thank you

Designer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You need a layout. A proper layout. Header, footer, body, columns, etc. It just looks like a page with stuff all over. Congrats on the first attempt though.

(You did this MS Frontpage I reckon?)

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi XLCOWBOY
    yes it is, We have over 500 content artical pages ( which i personaly think will help us alot with PR) for this site but they are not pluged in yet i waitting on google to index the site first then we going to post the blogs and content link with the site and other locations right now i am submmiting site to lot of directories so i am just hopeing for the best. what do u think as far as SEO work do u think its SE's friendly ? as far as layout and other things we are still working on few more things ( are still in the middle of adding blog, rss, and both sitemap HTML and XML ) as far as layout can you please narrow down for me and let me know what do u think i should do to make it more appealing and user friendly. I am not very high tech with any of these things believe it or not this is my first project ever.

Designer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aslammap View Post
    Hi XLCOWBOY
    yes it is, We have over 500 content artical pages ( which i personaly think will help us alot with PR) for this site but they are not pluged in yet i waitting on google to index the site first then we going to post the blogs and content link with the site and other locations right now i am submmiting site to lot of directories so i am just hopeing for the best. what do u think as far as SEO work do u think its SE's friendly ? as far as layout and other things we are still working on few more things ( are still in the middle of adding blog, rss, and both sitemap HTML and XML ) as far as layout can you please narrow down for me and let me know what do u think i should do to make it more appealing and user friendly. I am not very high tech with any of these things believe it or not this is my first project ever.
    I was actually replying to the poster (new webmaster), not your site, it's just that your post came before mine, so it seems that way.

Although, with regards to the diabetic corner e-commerce site: (I'll be happy to help, as my brother's diabetic, so your site hits close to home).

1) Width. You need a bit more. Keep your sites around 1002px max width. No sense in cramping it for the 800x600 crowd. Most people are using 1024x768 upwards now.

2) Product search should be more prominent. Either in the upper banner, or as a menu bar below your main menu. An easy to see search bar always sends the signal that the site is easy to use, and well indexed.

3) I like the alphabetical site nav on the left, but I do think you can utilize the space better. Why not categorize them accordingly, and then use a drop down box with options instead. That way, users won't need to scroll down to find what they need.

4) Keep your office and contact details in the footer, or in the banner. I always suggest to keep it in the banner though. No point in having a website to sell stuff if all you're trying to do is make them ring up your retail outlet (unless its for customer service or queries of course). Besides, you already have a big "contact us" button on the main menu.

5) Place a main selling point area somewhere underneath the menu. Use it to display your specials. If you look at http://www.debenhams.co.uk, you'll see that their homepage is full of "ads" that sell things. Something similar would be a good idea.

6) Sort out that paragraph in the bottom. The photos aren't very consistent, and all look quite drab. IMO, I would either drop them and make my paragraph look neater, or wrap the images in boxes, then give them some 3px margins with 3px paddings. Keep the text from touching the images themselves.

7) Always remember that space does not equal empty. Smart use of space is just as effective as having an image, or a border, or a divider. Space can be used to highlight things as well. Use it wisely.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gottarelocate View Post
    instead of trying to make a site, here is my advice. learn CSS. doing a site in tables in simply insane. Once you know css and are confortable with layout you can start doing something creative. Do yourself and favor and don't use black backgrounds as it is not a very good choice.
    There is nothing wrong in designing a site with tables when you are first learning. In addition, learning html and all it's capabilities is a first step. Then he can move on to CSS, scripting and all the other goodies.
    Jwolfe

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jwolfe View Post
    There is nothing wrong in designing a site with tables when you are first learning. In addition, learning html and all it's capabilities is a first step. Then he can move on to CSS, scripting and all the other goodies.
    I disagree - Jwolfe.

Why would you advise someone to learn how to design with tables if using tables as a layout tool is a horrible idea to begin with. Use tables where they are supposed to be used. (data presentation).

CSS is very simple (aside from some inconsistancies). you don't need experience to create a simple box with padding and place your text inside. Have you ever maintained a site built with tables - Jwolfe? No offense budd, but it's 2007

Designer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Learning tables to layout? In 2007?

I've got to agree with gottarelocate here. Really silly to learn tables now, only to unlearn it afterwards.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi guys,
    All of you guys thanks alot. I really could use all the pointers i get from you guys. As far as looks of the site goes tobe very honest with you i am not very fussy about it but yes i still want it to look nice and clean. i will take care of the px and product search i think its a good idea to move product search. i working on changing the products layout too, i cant really move concact info couse of the customer service and product catlog as you showed me in the link. it makes things lot easier for customer to narrow down there search as if someone is looking for diabetic products they can just click on diabetic instead of looking for it on the site.
    Other othen that if you guys have more points please do let me know, i have one more question to ask all of you, what do you guys think as far as SEO work.
    we are working on BLOG, RSS, articles, and most of all i am haveing a real hard time submitting site to different directories for backlinks, so we can start to get indexed properly right now getting in google and yahoo just royal pain couse i got like damn 5backlinks only. you guys got any good idea what should i do about backlinks ?
    I am adding post on blogs but that isnt helping me much either right now.
    I will look fwd for your replies
    Thank you

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    you should have links from google very quickly. My site - mapszipcode.com - was indexed within less then a week. All i did was submit it to the search engine. Same with yahoo. MSN on the other hand is not cooperating much. Microsoft has made it too difficult for webmasters to work with them.

Create a lens on squidoo.com. That seems to be permanant although I don't see much return on that investment .

If we had good ideas about backlinks we wouldn't tell you I'm pretty sure of that. The reason i'm saying that is because there is really no magic bullet. Submit and hope for the best. If your site is good, eventually people will give linkts to it naturally. Thats the best way to gaining links!

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    well yes u are right there is no magic bullet i had been adding site to lot of places and i just hopeing for the best so far google yahoo and msn all three of them did have index some of the pages but damn they take a while funny thing is i wasnt really trying to work with msn all i did was sumit the url to them and they are the one index more pages then yahoo and google which was kinda surprise to me. Anyways ill look for more replies thank you

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Funny how things work diferently for us. It does take a while for them to index the whole site. That is because of deep links. They usually don't go deep with the first couple of passes. Good luck.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    gottarelocate. does that mean if i have pages in folders deep in the website they have less chance of being spidered? o.O

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They eventually will get spidered, but more priority is given to less deep links. google can't afford to process sites with 500,000 pages at once and still claim that they are fair. Eventually, all your pages should be indexed, provided that google can get through.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gottarelocate View Post
    I disagree - Jwolfe.

Why would you advise someone to learn how to design with tables if using tables as a layout tool is a horrible idea to begin with. Use tables where they are supposed to be used. (data presentation).

CSS is very simple (aside from some inconsistancies). you don't need experience to create a simple box with padding and place your text inside. Have you ever maintained a site built with tables - Jwolfe? No offense budd, but it's 2007
    Anyone who has no programming experience whatsoever but has a design tool at his fingertips to layout a html page in tables is taking his first baby steps in understanding how layout and html works.

It also teaches the history of how the web has developed from table layout to CSS.

No offense, but programming "Hello World" as a simple php script is no different than using a simple table to align text blocks into a pleasing design. It is the learning process and understanding the concept that is more important.

If the student can not grasp and layout a page in html, then force feeding him to learn CSS is futile. He will either be totally frustrated or completely confused.

Thank you for your comments
    Jwolfe