SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Need help with conditional form field.

i had posted this in the "General Development Issues" area but I am not getting any replies and I am in a bit of a crunch so I hope this is OK to post here where it may be more appropriate since I think this may require javascript. So here goes...

I have a form that has one field that will need to be filled out differantly depending on whether or not the person gets paid Weekly/Bi-Weekly, Monthly, or Semi-Monthly.

The conditions are if the person gets paid:
    1. Weekly/Bi-weekly then he will need to enter a Day of the week from a pull down (ie. Monday, Tuesday...etc.)
    2. Monthly then he will choose from a pull down menu the day of the month (ie. 1,2,3,4,5...etc.)
    3. Semi-Monthly then he will choose from two seperate pull downs, one for the 1st payday and the second for the 2nd payday. Again in the format of 1,2,3,4,5...etc
    Attached is a screen shot of the application that takes this information, we are pretty much duplicating the form for online use as well.

How can I set this up? I am not a javascript programmer but I can get some help if need be.

Thanks.
    Houston Brown
    Split Light Designs
    Bringing your ideas to light.

SitePoint Guru
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do it on the server- employee pay data does not belong in javascript.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I appreciate the reply but I was looking for something a little more guided and specific and not so vague and generic.
    Houston Brown
    Split Light Designs
    Bringing your ideas to light.