User Tag List

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

php autoload across multiple dirs?

Hi all,

I'm trying to use php's autoload function to dynamically include class files, but the class files are all over the filesystem, not in just one directory (for example, I have folders called 'lib', 'util', 'modules' etc..) - the class file may be under any one of these directories.

I could hardcode the directories into autoload() but what if the directory structure changes? Is there a way to extend autoload to check several directories without hardcoding?

Can anyone help?

He's No Good To Me Dead silver trophybronze trophy stymiee's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    If your classes are under one main directory you can try to recursively check each subdirectory until it finds it. Otherwise hardcoding is your only option that I know of.

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by stymiee View Post
    If your classes are under one main directory you can try to recursively check each subdirectory until it finds it. Otherwise hardcoding is your only option that I know of.
    Yeah, I'm traversing the whole directory tree.. using a static variable to hold the list of paths to the class files so I'd only need to run the traversal once. Seems to work fine for now..