SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Hybrid View

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am in need of some content ideas for my Star Wars fan page. I have a message forum, a mailing list, and a trivia quiz. I'm planning to add my bookstore back to my site. I need some other content ideas.
    Then I can promote my site.
    Any suggestions?
    I was thinking Free For All Links
    and
    Free e-mail.
    I don't have the resources to create a timeline or something like that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Character bios with information on them, their weapon of choice, blah blah blah...little goofy polls "Who would destroy the other? Qui Gon Jin or Luke Skywalker?"...but just offering free email, links and forums won't attract a lot of visitors...things like that can be found in thousands of places and don't offer the visitor anything unique.

I'd also offer a place where people can hear about the latest casting news/rumors concerning the second episode...you difinetly need some stuff like this if you want to make your site truly useful to your visitors...the stuff Everyone.net offers (forums, chat, email, links, etc) should only be the gravy alongside solid content...besides, if the site starts off low traffic the forums will be a disaster...I don't plan to open forums on my site until things pick up heavily.

------------------
    Chris Bowyer
    MyCoding.com: Join our mailing list for launch notification!
    "I'm not an insomniac, I'm a web designer."

[This message has been edited by TWTCommish (edited June 16, 2000).]

SitePoint Wizard
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here's a rumor to add to your site. Leonardo Dicaprio is going to be Anakin. The same Queen Amidala will be in the movie. The two of them are going to get married, and Luke will be their son.

I also think that the senator for Amidala's planet is evil. He IS the badguy Emperor. I've compared the two and they are the same actor, same voice, same looks.

Maybe you could elaborate on those and make a few pages.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quinn,

They've already cast someone else for Anakin...THANK GOD!

I don't think Anakin will marry in the 2nd movie, he'll be around 17 or 18 if memory serves me correctly.

And yes, I'm also almost positive that the senator is the emperor...he's not actually an emperor, but it's obvious that he engineered the attack on the Queen so he could get elected, and use that position of power to start to build the Empire...which we become familiar with Episode 4...IE: the first movie that came out...Episode 2 is to focus on how Anakin's turn to evil began on how the Empire started to come together...Episode 3 will complete these transformations and lead into Episode 4, which we've already seen.

Unfortunatly I don't know if Lucas will spring for Episodes 7, 8, and 9. They've been established (they're all books)...and Lucas is too old to wait another 20 years after Episode 3...so either he'll keep on going with episodes 7, 8, and 9...or he'll pack it all up...unfortunatly a likely possibility. It sure would be interested to see the ongoing battle between the rebel alliance and the empire after the 2nd death star was destroyed...

I know all that came off as hyper-nerdy, but honestly, I just love movies!

------------------
    Chris Bowyer

SitePoint Wizard
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe they aren't getting married. I just assumed that because Luke is going to be their son.

I really do hope that Jar Jar Binks dies in Episode II. Meesa hopen hee diiiies! (He must sometime, he's not in 4, 5, or 6...)

I'm not a movie nut, I just like to go out and see them with my friends. I heard about the Luke-is-the-son-of-Amidala-and-Anakin from my brother, actually.

Hope that helps...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quinn,

Luke being Anakin's son is common knowledge, man! I don't know if they get married or not, but they certainly "fall in love" at some point...they probably marry, or something close to it at least, seeing as how they have 2 kids together.

I don't think Jar Jar will die, he'll just go off and do his thing with the Gungans...no longer involved in all the happenings...

------------------
    Chris Bowyer

Your Lord and Master, Foamy gold trophy Hierophant's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You guys are right... Senator Palpatine does in fact become Emperor Palpatine, who so terrorized the galaxy in later years.

In fact the basis of how he got to be Emperor will be the bases of Episodes II and III.

What you have to figure out is who really drives Anakin to the darkside of the force?

Will Darth Maul survive Episode II or will he die again?

How thoroughly will the movies cover the Jedi Extermination?

Will the movies stick to the already established timeline or throw twists into it.

Will Bobba Fett ever get more than 5 minutes of screentime?

How come Bobba Fett is so popular? I mean he only got approximately five minutes of screentime out of 6 hours of film.

And of course the most important question of all...

Which do you find more annoying Ewoks or Gungans??

Look at that... 7 weeks worth of poll questions. Might even be able to stretch it out to 2 months. How about adding fan art and fan fiction. Some information links to the Star Wars database at starwars.com. I know the role-playing game isn't that popular but might try putting some playable information up and seeing how well it goes over.

A timeline would actually be quite simple to set up if your willing to do a little work. Email me and maybe we can set something up.

------------------
    Wayne Luke - Sitepoint Moderator/Internet Media Developer
    Digital Magician Studios - Making Magic with Web Applications
    wluke@digitalmagician.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote/font><HR>Originally posted by wluke:
    What you have to figure out is who really drives Anakin to the darkside of the force?

Will Darth Maul survive Episode II or will he die again?

How thoroughly will the movies cover the Jedi Extermination?

Will the movies stick to the already established timeline or throw twists into it.

Will Bobba Fett ever get more than 5 minutes of screentime?

How come Bobba Fett is so popular? I mean he only got approximately five minutes of screentime out of 6 hours of film.

And of course the most important question of all...

Which do you find more annoying Ewoks or Gungans??
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Isn't Darth Maul already dead? I find the Gungans a bit annoying...I can't help but love the Ewoks...they're little teddy bear thingies...how can you hate that?

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote/font><HR>Originally posted by wluke:
    A timeline would actually be quite simple to set up if your willing to do a little work. Email me and maybe we can set something up.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

LOL, you takin' on another project man?

------------------
    Chris Bowyer

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe.. He hasn't contacted me yet though.

Darth Maul was killed but hey through the use of High Technology and modern cloning procedures, I hear he is coming back for more.

------------------

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You just kidding around or something? Or have you read the book/IE: you know all the weird stuff expected in the new movie? Sounds like you're just kidding around.

I just hope Lucas goes straight on with movies 7, 8, and 9...it would leave an un-finished feeling in the air if he were to stop with these 3...we want to see the empire go all the way down.

------------------
    Chris Bowyer

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Actually this is information I have been getting from other Star Wars sites and national print media. Of course it could all be rumor, most of which is actually planted by Lucas himself.

As for Episodes 7,8, and 9, Lucas stated last year that he probably will not be making them. He is almost 56 now and by the time Episode 3 is done he will be 61. Couple that with being a single father and having to run a billion dollar company on the side, doesn't leave much time for 3 more movies. Maybe if he retires then one of his children will take over the movies. His oldest daughter will be in her mid-20's by that time. Hard to tell though.

p.s. If your reading this Clueless, here is your content. If you need more just ask. Myself and two of my best friends know a lot about the entire Star Wars history. One of my friends can quote all four movies line by line (he even does everyone's voices) and the other can quote technical specifications of every ship in the known galaxy.

------------------

[This message has been edited by wluke (edited June 19, 2000).]

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, I have some other ideas of my own, like a classified ads script for people to sell, buy or trade star wars items and to post pen pal ads. I just have to find a decent free cgi script.