User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unhappy Calculate Employee's Salary

Hi all,

I am very new to JavaScript Programming and need some help writing a simple script that will calculate an employee's weekly gross salary (regular hours and overtime hours). The JS class I'm taking is an independent study course, which I was almost forced to take due to the lack of students and other classes available at my school. My instructor isn't responding to my "call for help" emails, and I really want/need to get this done, so I can proceed to the next chapter.

Could someone please walk me through the steps of setting up the code? I really want to learn how to do this, but neither the book nor my professor is being a big help right now. This subject is still a foreign language to me.

This is what I've come up with so far:
    <html>

<head>

<title>Employee's Salary</title>

<script language="javascript">

var EmployeeSalary
    function Employee

</script>

</head>

<body>

</body>

</html>

That's about as far as I can get at the moment.

I meant that to happen silver trophybronze trophy Raffles's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If that's as far as you've got, then you know virtually no javascript and would benefit from an introductory tutorial, e.g. this one. Before anyone can help you you have to make the effort to actually learn some of the language and write some code.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for your post, raffles and I sincerely appreciate your input. As I said before, I'm just getting introduced to JS, and I'm doing my best to learn as much as I can (on my own) on the subject. However, the JS course I'm taking is an introductory class, but the book and my professor does not provide me much help in understanding the language and how to code. I truly wish the class was lecture-based instead of an independent study, so I can get my questions answered faster. However, that's not the case.

Anywho, I'll look throught the site you've referenced and find out if it will better help me under JS programming.

Thanks again.