SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Want to learn symfony

Hello Friends,

I am new to any framework, I have just started to learn symfony framework.

I like the sitepoint article on symfony- Learn symfony: a Beginner's Tutorial.

I like the way theory has given in this great article.

But, when I have installed the given copy of demo project given by Author, I got the following error...

Warning: sfCore::require(/Applications/MAMP/htdocs/sf_sandbox/lib/symfony/log/sfLogger.class.php) [function.require]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in E:\apache\xampp\htdocs\sf_sandbox\lib\symfony\util\sfCore.class.php on line 161

Fatal error: sfCore::require() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/Applications/MAMP/htdocs/sf_sandbox/lib/symfony/log/sfLogger.class.php' (include_path='E:\apache\xampp\htdocs\sf_sandbox\lib;E:\apache\xampp\htdocs\sf_sandbox;E:\apache\xampp\htdocs\sf_sandbox\apps\frontend\lib;E:\apache\xampp\htdocs\sf_sandbox\config/../lib/symfony\vendor;.;E:\apache\xampp\php\pear\') in E:\apache\xampp\htdocs\sf_sandbox\lib\symfony\util\sfCore.class.php on line 161

===============================================================================================

This may be due to pear settings, but I don't know about pear.
    please can anyone help me to learn symfony?

Regards ,
    Swati.

SitePoint Evangelist superuser2's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1. That tutorial is, AFAIK, ancient. Use the blog tutorial at symfony-project.com

2. The command "symfony freeze" (once you have a skeleton) will add all necessary symfony libraries and such to a project (a newly created project contains no libraries; it expects you to configure them) is quick way to get everything working.

3. You'll definitely need to make sure that the "php" you use to call the "symfony" command is the right one; it needs to be php5 with pretty much the same extensions as your web php executable in order to function fully. You can use the same one the webserver uses.

Good luck learning symfony! It can be difficult and frustrating at times, but this is, IMHO, the way to write secure, maintainable code. -

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for your reply.

I'll try the links that you have given.