SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a niche site of 8500 registered users. I'd like to ask them for links in the field that they find interesting. Instead of having a links section of my website, I'd like to use the information to offer as an incentive to users.

Any ideas here? Should I create a downloadable "SUPER PAGE"? Any cool way I can use this collected information? I would also like to distribute it at tradeshows, so the ability to place these on a disk or cd would be helpful.

Thanks.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Interesting idea. But are you saying that you will sell just links. If so how are you going to protect you investment/product. Isinīt it very easy to copy once it is out and can you have any property rights on a collection of links? But is you ass some content thing might look different, something like a desription of each link.

The format, in my oppinion, depends on the nature of the database. If you intend to have a static "one-time-thing". You should have a dowlodable version in html format. If you intend to have dynamic and frequently updated one I would prefer (as a user) a online passw protected version together with a downlodable one.

jonpall http://www.webpromotionadvice.com/

------------------
    Jon Pall Hreinsson
    Msc International Business

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the response.

It really isn't an investment per se. It's purpose is to provide the community something of value which represents their collective knowledge. The issue of it being copied is not that big of an issue.

However, I would like something a little "cooler" than just links on a page.

Any thoughts on how to organize, develop?

Thanks again.