SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What would you do? (godaddy + broadband issues)

Hi everyone!

My sites are online fine I just checked with my mobile phone. Also I am able to ping and tracert my sites perfectly BUT when I try to load any of the websites with either Firefox or Internet Explorer I get timed out. I only see it happen to my websites it's as if I've been locked out of my own websites.

I have tried flushing the Dns cache on my computer, also I have cleared the cache in both IE and FF and if that wasn't enough I've reset my router. The sites still refuse to load for me.

What would you do?

Sorry if this is the wrong forum but it seemed like the most relevant one I could find seeing as it is somewhat related to web hosting .

Follow Me On Twitter: @djg gold trophysilver trophybronze trophy Dan Grossman's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have you run a traceroute from your computer to see where you're blocked?

Have you, by chance, tried to log in with the wrong username/password to some service on your web hosting several times?

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have run a traceroute and ping from my computer and they both work fine, the traceroute isn't blocked and hops all the way to the box that my sites are on.

I haven't ever logged in incorrectly although I cannot login to WHM or Cpanel at the moment because they won't load like my sites on my computer that is. On the godaddy website I haven't logged in incorrectly and it works fine.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So you can access the web via your pc, just not your two sites? What happens, a server not found error or an actual timeout? The phone cache might be loading the site or the cache at the phone networks end...
    Fanatical Host
    THE one stop shop for budget hosting
    24/7 Support | 99.5% uptime
    shared | reseller | dedicated

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The sites just time out after about 20 seconds. On my phone they load fine and the content is up to date. There is a countdown timer on one of my sites and it was correct as of the time I looked at the sites on my phone.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If the websites in your sig are the ones you mention they work just fine. It might be a dns issue with your ISP. Check that out.
    ►File Services◄
    Premium High Bandwidth File Hosting

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's only the first site in my sig the other 4 are hosted somewhere else. I contacted my ISP the last time this happened and they're a bunch of retards. I was told their systems were running perfect and that I should reformat my computer to fix the problem.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well your website is working ok.

Anyway formatting your hdd is an overkill. Just try a different browser and if that doesn't work it's probably from the ISP's dns gateway. You might want to check from a different computer on the same network.
    ►File Services◄
    Premium High Bandwidth File Hosting

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've tried Firefox and Internet explorer neither work and I haven't been able to access my sites or login for like 3-4 days now I've tried browsing the sites from other computers in the house and they won't load on those computers either.

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did you contact your web hosting tech support?

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes they have told me they are able to browse my sites and login panels from in and outside their data center and I am also able to view the sites with my mobile phone which isn't practical. I just can't view them via my computer, I'll try contacting my ISP again.

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I contacted my isp and they said they can't help unless I am using the router they provided but I dont have it because it didn't have wifi but I don't think it is a router issue anyway. sorry for double posting.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the first site works fine.....cant quite figure out why you cant do it on your comp.
    Try reliable web hosting service provided by MarbleHost.com.