1 Thread(s)
    I meant to post these last week but JUST got them off my camera

Sara

I Love Licorice silver trophybronze trophy Datura's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The farmer's market. When I saw the sunflowers I had to smile and this half bitter smell they have was right in my nose very nice.
    Ulrike
    TUTs: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm much later than Sara... I did a little photo-manipulation on one of these which you should be able to easily identify without reading the text description.

This flower (read: weed) was growing at the recreational park across the street from where my parents live (and I usually go to run). They're quite small and grow in groups, laying low to the ground. This is a macro shot. It's also the one with photo-manipulation. I can't remember my exact steps (I used three layers, I think I could have done it with just one had I known exactly what I wanted to do beforehand), but I reduced the color saturation of everything while highlighting the yellow petals of the flower. I was trying to mimic the B&W photos with red roses, showing only red hues showing through in the photos.

You'll have to allow some artistic freedom on this one. I was trying to get a candid shot of a person with yellow. I couldn't get anything directly, so when I saw this extremely glossy black car, I angled it to get the reflection of the guy in the yellow shirt.

Yet another weed macro shot.

...been waiting for the "orange" challenge, got tired of waiting - there's some yellow in it, so... I figure with Datura having an actual orange slice for his avatar, maybe it'd subliminally make Sara think of the challenge. Oh well, haha! I followed this sucker for about 20 minutes trying to get a shot with its wings open. The wind didn't help either.

This is a flower garden around the entrance of a park down the road from me (Saratoga Spa State Park) that holds natural springs for tourists to drink and/or gag on (sulfur and sodium content are high, some with natural carbonation)...for health reasons. There are also nice nature trails and protected habitats.

This is a shot across the street next to the park across the street from my parents' house. It's one of the longest straightest roads that is rarely traveled, giving me a nice perspective without a high risk of getting run over (although I did get beeped at from another similar picture by an unexpected tractor trailer...mental note: get a spotter when taking pictures like this). Post production: The paint color used for the lines in the middle of the road here are apparently have a slight orange hue that I didn't notice until I took the photo off the camera, was confused, and then went back to take a look. I had to alter the color of the center lines to keep to the challenge's actual color using Photoshop's select option of "color range", feathered it, then modified the Hue/Saturation/Brightness of the selection. It worked surprisingly well. If I were to try something else, I would see what the photo would look like by removing color from the rest of the image except the road lines.
    They say, "Practice makes perfect," yet they also say, "Nobody's perfect". I don't get it.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @malikyte

Nice stuff, having fun yet?

You are having a mother load today. Nice yellows. PS is great to tweak with?
    Ulrike

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Datura View Post
    @malikyte

Nice stuff, having fun yet?

You are having a mother load today. Nice yellows. PS is great to tweak with?
    Since you asked a question: yes, Photoshop is amazingly awesome fun to tweak with. I'm glad I finally upgraded. Version 5 is just way too old to continue working with. It's about time I get used to the new UI (version 6 changed the UI controls of the tools more than any other version).

I have more fun taking the pictures. Sharing them takes work. :P At least I finally caught up...and yeah, sorry for spamming the forum, but I really did want to just get it all done at once. The topics (until replies are added) would/should have been in chronological order, so I shouldn't have killed it completely. I still have one more plan for a yellow shot, but I need to make it over there with my camera. This'll be an arranged photo - if it comes out the way I envision it.
    They say, "Practice makes perfect," yet they also say, "Nobody's perfect". I don't get it.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ha, there is no such thing as spamming these threads. All photos are welcome I tend to go in batches as well.

The new PS must be great, envy envy here. I have just an old PS5 in an old U-mac and elements on my iBook. To get the new one I need also a new computer, that is a bit rich for me right now. Besides, I get along just fine with what I have.
    Ulrike

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My turn to spam the thread

A native cactus that blooms yellow. The gopher turtles and the box turtles eat the fruit. We do as well!

This wooden announcement in town, a little cafe in an antique store.

A fence around a building site that has seen better days.

Ulrike

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just a quick snapshot. Nothing too special. I saw these yellow berries while walking back from trying to shoot a sunset (and barely missing it). I believe these will eventually turn red.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice Is it not interesting how these threads with themes have made you much more aware of your surrounding?

That reminded me, I took some more yellow things as well. Classic Americana right here

Ulrike

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When I first saw this "Yellow" topic, I really, really, really wanted to get a shot of the "big yellow arches", but I couldn't find a McD's sign without the red beneath it. I know they exist, just couldn't find one. It's recognizable the world around! Nice shots.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks. I took another shot of the doors to storage stuff behind the Mc Donald's. There you have the bare arches in small. This would have fit into the door thread as well

Ulrike