SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Member Luke Cuthbertson's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Notice: This is a discussion thread for comments about the SitePoint article, Developing with the Facebook Platform and PHP.

According to ecommercetimes.com facebook is going to offer cash prizes for the best apps.
    Last edited by mattymcg; Jul 12, 2007 at 04:53.

vincent
    SitePoint Community Guest
    Hi ! This article was very usefull and with enough details so i now understand the process between facebook and a web site. However, i'm trying to have the same kind of process (linking a user on my site with their facebook acount, the same way as you do it on welovelocal.com) but i can't manage the last part.

I have my user session_id which i save on the database on my side. BUT, when i want to write something in the user's news, i always get stucked with a "Session key invalid or no longer valid". How's that ?

The session key i retreived was the correct one (expire = 0) and everything seems as you described it...

Can you help me on this ?

Thanks !

vincent
    I managed to figure out why it wasn't working... in your two examples with setFBML and publishActionOfUser, you used a variable named "session_id" instead of "session_key".

By changing it to session_key, it's now working very well !

Thanks !

Ben
    HELP!!! I'm keep getting this error "Call to undefined function: http_build_query()". Can someone please advise on what I'm doing wrong?

fillrobs
    I'm looking for the php or fbml code to post a message to a single user's mini feed - I already have their User ID and of course the message to send - just can't seem to find a good example of it:

e.g.

Msgtosend="Hello from" & currentloggedinuser
    IDtosendto="123456789"
    SENDTOFACEBOOKCOMMAND(IDtoSendto, Msgtosend)

any help would be great

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm looking for a sample to send a message to a list of users, can someone point me to a relevant location, I'm working with PHP library.

S Saint-Pettersen
    Hey. Good article. I was reading it and then saw that it was written by David Mytton. You're the fella I know who founded Olate, right? Small world. I needed some help on the profile box integration. Thanks for the handy class. :)