SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Wizard
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Does PHP/MySQL fit this scenario?

I understand that data can be held in a database and it is possible to dynamically generate page content. I am wondering exactly what technologies I'll need for this, just PHP and MySQL?

My goal is to enter all data in databases, then create templates so all data in databases will show up on the pages where I want them to go, including pictures. When I want pages updated, I need only change the database info and the pages will update. Is PHP and MySQL all I need to do this?

I'll appreciate any advice on how to fulfill this scenario. In my research, I only read about how to use individual software; I can't find information that starts with the overall working plan and works backward to the software I need. That makes it hard to figure out what software I'll need. Do I need CMS software, for instance?

Let me know how PHP/MySQL fits into this scenario.

Thanks!
    Steve

Follow Me On Twitter: @djg gold trophysilver trophybronze trophy Dan Grossman's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, PHP and MySQL are perfectly capable of doing this. This is also the topic of SitePoint's book "Build Your Own Database-Driven Website Using PHP & MySQL".

SitePoint Wizard
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I got that book among a few others. I'll start with that one then. Thanks!