SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    winter is around the corner Tomer's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @ athanasiusrc - Thanks for all the input. This is my first site of this kind and I still have much to fix and learn. Some of the bugs you listed are already on my "to-fix" list, but many are not. So thanks!

- Tomer

Designer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pretty good, although you need a bit more "product wow" on your home page. IMO, you should switch to a 3 column layout, and use the middle layout as both a special product presentation area (big ad with "JUST IN" etc.), and the best sellers below it. If you prefer using a two column, you need to allocate an area to make prominent for that purpose.

It's just that when I visit, I see a page with perfumes. So the words "perfume store" come to mind, but not the words "really brilliant perfume store" or "reputable perfume store" or... you get the picture.

If you visit big-name e-commerce sites, they always have a prominent area on their homepage. It really boosts sales (I should know, I used to run an e-commerce site myself).

Hope that helps. Congrats on the brisk business.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You've got a nice looking site there One thing I think you should change though is forcing the user to sign up and become a member before allowing them to pay for their chosen item(s).

I for one, 99% of the time look elsewhere if im forced to sign up, simply because I don't have time too!

Other than that, it's looking good

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks XLCowBoy.

@ yukimushu - What do you mean? You don't have to register. Please explain.

- Tomer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomer View Post
    Thanks XLCowBoy.

@ yukimushu - What do you mean? You don't have to register. Please explain.

- Tomer
    Oh, do you not? When I went to checkout, it was asking me if I was a member and to enter my account details. The second box was asking me for my email address and I presumed I was required to sign up. No doubt some of your customers will also make this assumption which could in turn, effect your conversion rate.

Maybe make it alittle more obvious that there is no signup required and that passing straight through to checkout is easy and seamless.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Weird, I use the same style as Amazon. I think my checkout is very fast and easy, takes like 30 seconds. I added an extra image explaining about the fast checkout.

- Tomer